Well Well Well

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Well Well Well

Post by The Harlequins »

A negetive prise for a barrel of oil.

The people that have died and friends lost,because of bloody oil.

Perhaps people now will understand that oil is not essential to human life.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Well Well Well

Post by Gwayne's World »

When I was a kid, they used to have things called 'gas wars.'

Where producer's would attempt to undercut the prices of their competitors.

It wasn't uncommon to buy 10 gallons of gas for $2.00 USD.
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Think i saw a film once about that Gwayne ,think it was Tom Hanks who had a heating oil business.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dom Behan
Turf Router

Post by Dom Behan »

I done numerous assignments in Saudi, from early 1970's. When they started building highways between cities it was not unusual to see tankers spraying crude oil , directly onto where the desert met the road, in an effort to stop the highway being reclaimed by the blowing sands. We were often asked by site owners to save any lube oil deemed unusable as it was spread on the "greens" of the company golf course. An Aramcon manager once mentioned that due to a production glut at that time, the $10 drum was costlier than the 40 gallons of crude it contained. Real boom and bust market is Crude Oil.
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

I find it worrying to see an economic system so essntial to our social existance be so fragile that it can so quickly be brought to its knees. Multibillion dollar companies going bankrupt in 30 days.....hmmmmm?! (I guess even they live payche k to paycheck)
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown