Old Photos

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Cass
Turf Router

Old Photos

Post by Rebecca Cass »

Happen to find these 2 winner's photos while going through old family photos. Not sure the connection to my family yet, but was curious if anyone might know anything about the trainer J.W. Mask? Did he train in California long? I looked the bloodlines up on both, only found a little information on 1 of the horses. Even if no information can be found they are still pretty fun to look at I thought.

Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Old Photos

Post by Stormy Peak »

I just took a quick peak at the T-bred Pedigree site, and found a little information.

DON LEON dkb/br. H, 1964 - Lodge Night x Malinthia (by Starless NIght)
~ Breeder J.W Mask
~ Cal Bred
~ Winnings: 10 Starts: 1 - 1 - 2, $6,395.00

LA TORTUGA - b. G, 1963 - Curragh King (sired by Nasrullah) x Citrus Queen (By Lodge Night)

-----
Lodge Night figured into both of their pedigree I looked him up, but only found this information:
~Winnings: 20 Starts: 6 - 3 - 5, $20,235
2nd: Alameda Handicap
3rd: San Jose H.

Standing at Old English Rancho, Chino, CA for a fee of $1,000 in 1954.
---------------

There might be some way to investigate California racing archives for Jer-Art Stable, or the jockeys listed on the winning horses...to see if anymore information shows up on that level. I guess you already asked your mom about it, but maybe some aunts or uncles might have an idea how the win photos came to your home.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rebecca Cass
Turf Router

Post by Rebecca Cass »

Sadly most of my relatives are gone now not many left to ask. I'll do more digging around maybe something will pop up. Gives me a project other than playing games to distract my mind from things :)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Out of curiosity, I searched what their pursues would be worth at this point in time. The horses were born in 1964 and in 1963, to I added a few years and punched in 1966 as the year to figure their total purse earnings.

~Don Leon -- $6,395.00 in 1966 equals $51,667.63 in 2020
~La Tortuga -- $20,235.00 in 1966 equals $163,517.89 in 2020.

That's a nice chunk of change for the two horses. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Oh my, Pincay looks so young! Very hot jock, in the Racing Hall of Fame in 1975.

The problem with win pictures is that anyone can get them. They are not exclusive to family or connections, but could have been given from a friend. Like I have Secretariat’s win picture from his last race and the closest I ever came to his people was meeting his groom a few years later. Sorry.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago Oh my, Pincay looks so young! Very hot jock, in the Racing Hall of Fame in 1975.........
Back around 1975... I had a crush on Sandy Hawley. 8-)

All the other girls my age were crushing on teen singing idols. :P

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago Oh my, Pincay looks so young! Very hot jock, in the Racing Hall of Fame in 1975.........
Back around 1975... I had a crush on Sandy Hawley. 8-)

All the other girls my age were crushing on teen singing idols. :P

Stormy
Lol, you weren’t the only one! He’s also a perfect gentleman.
Rebecca Cass
Turf Router

Post by Rebecca Cass »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago Oh my, Pincay looks so young! Very hot jock, in the Racing Hall of Fame in 1975.

The problem with win pictures is that anyone can get them. They are not exclusive to family or connections, but could have been given from a friend. Like I have Secretariat’s win picture from his last race and the closest I ever came to his people was meeting his groom a few years later. Sorry.
Had no idea they were easy to get could be just some random thing then. Thanks!
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Here is a old photo , my great great great great great grandfather playing before skates where invented.

Taken from the photos in the family bible

The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.