Dog toy story

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Dog toy story

Post by Stormy Peak »

When HaHa was alive, I bought him a toy duck...he loved that duck. It had a rope on it's butt...and I would grab the rope, he would grab the neck of the duck and when pulling it would make a quack quack quack sound. However, if he tried to just gnaw on it, it wouldn't do so...but he had a long duck...a thin toy with a duck's head with 3 squeakers in it he could make annoying sounds with...

When HaHa passed away, and I got AU, AU inherited HaHa's toys. AU loves squeaky toys a lot more than HaHa did. But, he also really loves the tug-duck....which can't make a noise unless I'm playing tug of war with him.

So..yesterday, I go to the store and I see a toy duck, sans rope on it's butt, and I squeeze it and find out I have to squeeze it kind at the lower end of the body to get it to make a honking duck/goose kind of sound and I buy it because AU will be able to make it make noise without my help and because it looks almost exactly like the tug of war duck.

I take it home and AU falls in love with it instantly.
I take him outside and toss it for him a few times and he figures out how to make it honk...and I pick it up and squeeze if a few times...then suddenly, behind me, where my porch is... I hear an almost similar sound!

I turn around but don't see anything...and to be honest, I thought I was going to see a real duck on my porch...lol...as there are a lot of them around anyways. I squeeze the duck's butt again...hear that noise! I think...maybe it's in the rose bush next to the porch and start walking towards the porch...giving the toy a few squeezes and getting an answer in almost the same way...2 squeezes, 2 honking noises back...3 ... get 3 sounds back....

Then I get to the porch steps and realize the sound is coming from under my porch and when I bend down to listen a bit better... I realize its a FROG! LOL...

So I basically squeezed a toy duck's butt and made a frog croak. :lol:

Not quite like one of my old HaHa stories, but still on the weird side - all thanks to me thinking AU 'needed' a new toy.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Dog toy story

Post by Darcy McBride »

And there is that poor frog, thinking he had found a lady love! LOL
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I can see AU bringing that frog indoors to you one day wagging his tail lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

I had a german shepherd that loved the plush toys with the squeakie inside. Every grocery day he would stick his nose in the bins and eventually pull out his weekly toy. His mission then would begin to surgically remove the squeakie from the toy with his teeth. Once removed the toy became a chew toy minus the noise. We had a bin full of those squeakless toys over the years.