The Things Us Humans Come Up With

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

The Things Us Humans Come Up With

Post by The Harlequins »

I am a season ticket holder of my local football team Nottingham Forest.335 pound this season not seen a game since November mostly because of the covid thing, thats fair enough its only sport.

Got a letter yesterday saying on restart ,the matches my be played behind closed doors into next year.

The letter went on to say.

To help players have more realism in there playing experiance , I could for 250 pounds have a cardboard cutout of myself placed in my seat WHAT. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dread to think what the cost of a umbrella would be if it rains :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: The Things Us Humans Come Up With

Post by Stormy Peak »

Wait for the next letter....after you buy the 250 pound cut-out....
--------------
'For another 585 pounds, add a speaker that you can control from your home computer....boo and cheer each play as you watch the the game on the internet and really let the players feel like the crowd is there in the stands!

Additional pricing after the speaker is activated:
10 pounds, Internet game day - allows you to see and hear the game
2 pounds per cheer or boo sent to the speaker during the game.

And thank you for being an athletic supporter.
-------------

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

:lol: :lol: Stormy,feel like writing back saying, some of the cutouts should be in the team :shock:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Brian Chunn
Miler

Post by Brian Chunn »

Ha Ha that's hilarious, I am a season ticket holder at Reading and have heard nothing from them!! one advantage we will have with behind closed doors matches there is no atmosphere at The Mad Stad so it will feel normal for our players !! stay safe Frank
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

All I can say is wow.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

It’s because a German club did this and the fans filled up the stadium with over 2,000 cut outs last I heard. The football culture there though is much bigger than in the UK, fans are committed to their clubs from birth really and no matter what league they play in or their results, they stay totally loyal and support the club till their last days. I guess Nottingham Forest thought they would give it a try as well, but I can wager it didn’t cost those German fans £250 to have a cutout of themselves at the stadium.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago It’s because a German club did this and the fans filled up the stadium with over 2,000 cut outs last I heard. The football culture there though is much bigger than in the UK, fans are committed to their clubs from birth really and no matter what league they play in or their results, they stay totally loyal and support the club till their last days. I guess Nottingham Forest thought they would give it a try as well, but I can wager it didn’t cost those German fans £250 to have a cutout of themselves at the stadium.
German here and can confirm this :D Just looked it up, it cost them 19 euros (About 20$) per piece