Questions about HULU

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Questions about HULU

Post by Stormy Peak »

I was thinking about getting the basic HULU package at around $6.00 a month....and I understand that their shows come with commercials at that price.

What I was wondering though, is... in order to watch some of the Network shows...like from the first episode to the most recent....is that possible or does one have to get into their $60.00 a month package.

I would really like to see all the episodes of:
The Rookie
Picard
Star Trek Discovery

Also, if there are any older series from the Networks available...like
LOST
The Pretender
Hill Street Blues..

I can't afford the $60.00 a month and am really debating over the $6.00 a month.

Amazon Prime offers the ABC All Access for about $6 a month, but that only gives ya one network and that same amount on HULU can get you other movies and such.

If anyone with a basic HULU account could let me know if some of the t.v. series are available I would appreciate it.

Some 8 or so years ago, I had HULU, and back then one could watch old network shows from the first episode on up...but when finally catching up to the current episodes...like if a show aired on a Friday, HULU wouldn't show that episode until Monday.
Not sure if that's still the case.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Re: Questions about HULU

Post by Nini Panini »

I have Hulu without commercials, and Picard and Star Trek Discovery are not readily available to me. The Rookie only has season 2 up; I don't believe this has anything to do with what package you buy, but more to do with contract negotiations between networks, shows, and streaming services.

If you're hesitant, you can get the free trial and and browse around, see how you like it, and then cancel it before the time period is up so you don't get charged if it's not to your liking.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thanks for the information.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The big difference between the $6 and the $60 is the availability of live TV in addition to the videos of pest episodes/movies. My understanding is the video library is the same between the two plans.

This site lists shows on various streaming programs. I can't guarantee it's accuracy but you can take a look: https://reelgood.com/tv/source/hulu

Like Nini said your best bet is to just do the free trial. As long as you cancel before the 30 days is up you won't be charged. And in my experience when you go to cancel they will then offer you an extension of that free trial.

Also as unlike real cable there is no activation or anything for any of these streaming networks so it is easy to shop around. The star trek shows are both on CBS's streaming network you could sign up for there free trial watch those shows (and maybe pay for a month or 2 if you need some more time to get through the shows you want to watch) then cancel to switch over to Hulu to see what they have once you've watched what you want there cancel and try something new. During winter break when I had some extra time I rotated through free trials of various streaming content got to watch new shows without ever paying anything.

One last heads up Hulu has done a black Friday deal the last 2 years where you can get the cheap service for $2/month for a year. It is only good for new customers though (though with a new e-mail address/credit card you can become a new customer). No guarantee they will do it again but wanted to give you a heads up.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Tammy, thanks for the information and the link.
I might have to do those free trials and see what all I can watch as far as those series...and also see if there are any series I might have missed/forgot about. I don't have like cable or dish tv....and my television only get turned about about 4 times a year...Derby, Preakness, Belmont and Breeders Cup Saturdays...lol. The channels I can get from the antenna...most of the time, half of them are not working...so I gave up on it a long time ago and started watching most of my 't.v.' from off the internet.

I also, on the internet...ran into problems when I did try to watch a network event...and they would ask what provider I had...uh...none. So I couldn't even gain access to like say the Kentucky Derby on NBC from the internet because I wasn't signed up with a cable company or small dish company.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Eric Hamme
Classic Contender

Post by Eric Hamme »

I have Hulu as part of the Disney plus bundle with it and ESPN+. The ads are there but I didn’t realize I would like it so much. I’ve been able to catch up on shows the next day when I miss them live. I finally got to watch Brockmire, and there’s stuff I never got to see that’s available. I don’t have the live TV tho g, but there’s plenty in the archive, much more than a TV addict like me had any idea about.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Amazon has a lot of older t.v. shows but what ticks me off with some of them...is that will give you the first 3 seasons for free...but then want you to pay for the last season. And who wants to buy the last season of a show? I didn't realize they did that until I started to watch Poldark. So now I check each season to see if it's free before I start to watch a series.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000