Seems like the stresses never end... Jaya.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Seems like the stresses never end... Jaya.

Post by Darcy McBride »

I am relieved it wasn't the Cushings! Several of my Beagles developed heart issues as they aged. Lasix worked well with them, plus taking off a few extra pounds on those that needed it. Heck, I take Lasix myself. Keep the spot cleaner out though, because, of course, Lasix is pulling the fluid off and you have to urinate more frequently, at least for the next six hours. My old heart dogs did real well on Lasix. But once the heart goes beyond a certain point, the Lasix won't help. You will know when that time comes. But my old beagles lived quite well for several more years before that time came. Keep us posted, and give Jaya and AU a hug from me!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Glad to hear it wasn't something more serious
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Sorry for not being able to answer earlier... my town's internet and phone service went down around 10:30 this morning and didn't get fixed until about 10 pm. Some dummy cut a major line digging up the ground with a back hoe site about 30 miles out of town.

Thanks for the comments, Darcy and Tammy.

I took Jaya in and she got her steroid shot today. Usually I just go pick up the shot and bring it home and give it to her myself, but my vet has a groomer who pops in upon occasion and I was going to have the groomer look at her and give me a quote on what it would cost to clip her down. I can do it myself, but I know I will pay for it with some major back pain. And...I also know Jaya will look like she was clipped with a weed eater if I do it too...lol. I just don't think I can afford the $35 dollars though at this point in time, so I'll just probably have to deal with the extra back pain and poor Jaya's going to look like she has a troll hair, hair cut.

Yeah, I hope the lasix will give Jaya another year or two. And I suspected the lasix will probably have her needing to go a lot more... I just hope though, that she can at least have enough time to warn me...which she just can't seem to do with the way the steroids affect her.

I'm just glad to have a day where that feeling of dread isn't centered in my chest....first time in weeks I've been able to breathe and not feel that tightness from the stress and worry.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I'm sorry to hear all the trouble you've been having with your babies. I know how much you love your fur kids. How is Jaya feeling today?
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 3 years ago I'm sorry to hear all the trouble you've been having with your babies. I know how much you love your fur kids. How is Jaya feeling today?
Thanks for asking....and yeah, my pets are very important to me, as I have no one else living with me. I know people love their pets, but when they have other family members in the house, there are other distractions...and their attention can be spent on grand children, or their own children rather than the pet getting 100 percent of their attention...as they do in my home.

The steroid shots have kicked in... she's no longer rubbing her muzzle and head on the ground...and she's quit licking her feet. The steroid has as I knew it would....got her to the point of needing to go outside constantly. She did have 1 accident in the house already...but given past years...that's not bad. Hoping in a few more days she will be past that point of not being able to hold it until she can warm me she needs out.

Also...I really see an improvement with her panting so constantly and so heavily. So some of the liquid around her heart and in her lungs must have been reduced. Next week, we start the lasix, and hopefully that will keep that issue under control. I'm going to try to shave her down later today or tomorrow. I would like to have my sister's help there, as Jaya turns into like a block of cement when she's handled...every muscle in her body locks up and it's just difficult to maneuver her around, even slightly..to shave around her head/neck area or make her stand up so I can get under her tail...etc. In the past, we've had to run a leash under her belly and make her stand, then hold her like that with the leash that goes under her belly so she wouldn't sit back down.

I'm terrified to see what my vet bill is going to be...but as long as it's something I can pay off in a year, I won't stress too much about it. I'm just so glad I have a vet who allows people to make payments. Most vets anymore won't do that...they want paid in full up front for most things.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago
I'm terrified to see what my vet bill is going to be...but as long as it's something I can pay off in a year, I won't stress too much about it. I'm just so glad I have a vet who allows people to make payments. Most vets anymore won't do that...they want paid in full up front for most things.

Stormy
My dentist is like that--don't you just love those professional relationships where the professional knows something of your personal situation? Say, have you tried dog-in-heat panties? Back in my dog walking days one of my clients had an incontinent older dog who wore such panties; the owner would cut a Depends pad in half and attach it to the panties. Like wearing a pad when you got your period.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Dawn Palka wrote: 3 years ago
.............Say, have you tried dog-in-heat panties? Back in my dog walking days one of my clients had an incontinent older dog who wore such panties; the owner would cut a Depends pad in half and attach it to the panties. Like wearing a pad when you got your period.
I've seen such things for dogs...but with Jaya, she's so stressed out by being handled, and by new things. For example, I will pull the blanket off of her love-seat to wash it or sometimes just replace it with a different blanket from the thrift shop. She freaks out...it smells different and in some cases looks different too. She won't go into the room sometimes for 8 or 9 hours...just goes to the door way and looks then turns and slinks into the living room. Eventually, she'll go in lay on the floor next to the love seat...usually the next day, she will finally jump up on it to lay down. Given her reaction to something like that, I think if I was to try to put something on her...in having to handle her and then as I said, put something unfamiliar to her on her...she would probably really stress out.

So far, she's only had 3 accidents...and one of them was on the stone work, so easy mop up and wipe down with a cleaner for that mess....and I think in another day or two, I won't have to worry about accidents...at least until next week when she is put on lasix and it could take a few days for her to adjust to that.

I know one thing... I am so so very happy I paid extra money and bought moisture barrier carpet pad when I got carpet for my place years ago, and I also purchased a really nice spot cleaning machine. I also have a large carpet cleaning machine...all totally worth the money.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000