My town's 2020 graduation class

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

My town's 2020 graduation class

Post by Stormy Peak »

I saw something nice today when I went into town.

There are about 40 seniors who will graduate this year, but no graduation ceremony for them. However, it looks like someone had a nice idea to celebrate their achievement.

On the light poles, on both sides of Main Street where the Christmas decorations and the USA flags are hung on special occasions....each pole has a large vinyl banner hanging on it...with a photo of each graduate student and their name underneath the photo. The banners with the photos and the names are large enough to very easily be seen from a car. All the banners have a decorative blue 'framing' and the bottoms of the banner have an upside down V cut to add a little more detail.

I know it must not replace the ceremony but at least the whole town and who ever is driving through gets to see that these kids got some kind of public acknowledgement. : )

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: My town's 2020 graduation class

Post by Gwayne's World »

Had 600+ in my class!

When they walked across the stage to receive their diploma, was the first time I even noticed many of them!

And yes, we were packed like sardines in Pershing Auditorium, downtown Lincoln, Nebraska. Herd Immunity!!!
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

There's been a lot of neighborhood auto processions full of grads and people standing on the sidewalks cheering for them.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

One of the local high schools bought two side-by-side billboards, one with "congratulations class of 2020" and the other with all their grad photos on it.
Drove by yesterday and watched a mom taking photos of her daughter dressed in cap and gown in front of the billboard. Made me smile.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 3 years ago Had 600+ in my class!
My graduating class had 1500 people in the USA. We had two campuses to fit our 6000-ish high school students.

Here in Canberra, I never notice any public attention on graduates. It may be because most kids finish after 10th grade and some get permission to drop out after 9th grade. The last two years (11/12) are reserved for students planning to go to university and sound a bit like going to a prep school in the US.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100