Silks!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Silks!

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Why did you design your silks the way they are?

Mine are fairly boring 😂 I love classic silks designs, 3 diamonds was pleasing to my eye, and I love purple!

Would I change it now? Probably not, I like them!

I know some of you have stories behind your silks that are MUCH more interesting!

How to Post Your Silks
Originally written by Tamara Vess for headshots, first line modified for silks!

1. Go to your profile page
2. Right click on the image itself
3. Click "Copy Image Address" (or Copy Image URL, may be different depending on the browser)
4. Go into the Full editor/Preview on the forum thread you want to post it on
5. Paste the image link into the text box
6. Highlight the link you just pasted and click the icon that looks like a little photograph (3rd from the left, beside the icon that looks like a chain)

To make sure everything is working right and nothing broke, preview the message.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Silks!

Post by Nena Olson »

So way back in 2006 lol I thought the silks could ONLY be the pattern/designs that were in this:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/images/silkdesigns.jpg

And I was in for a big shock after I found out later that people could literally request anything under the sun even if the design takes 2+ hours to do for a whole $5. There are quite a lot of silk designs that take longer to make than headshots. Anywho, now that I make the silks... I can't be bothered to come up with a design that I like LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

I have a phoenix tattoo and have always loved them, so that's basically where my design came from lol
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Mine combine my love for LSU and the Saints. I've thought about changing them from time to time but I've been here so long it would seem weird.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Mine are very simple, that’s the ones I had in Gallop Racer because blue is my favourite colour and white goes well with it. Plus the tack in those colours looked good too so I stuck with those silks when I joined the SIM. Not really sure why the cross and stripe design in particular, it’s just pleasing to the eye I guess (though the sleeve stripes were meant to be horizontal but I mistakenly put vertical in my request, oh well I like them as they are so it’s staying!).
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Louise Bayou wrote: 3 years ago Mine combine my love for LSU and the Saints. I've thought about changing them from time to time but I've been here so long it would seem weird.
I can't imagine you with different silks. Your current ones are the most on-brand for any sim player ever, I think hahah.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I was a really big fan of Life Is Sweet, and I just thought the diamonds on her silks were so classy. I wanted a similar look, so at first I had a bright blue/green combination for a couple of seasons. The same color combo can be found on Chasing The Light's browband. After a while, I grew to think the colors didn't go well together, so I decided to go with the current lavender and white design. It's simple, but I love it!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Mara Jade Vess
Miler

Post by Mara Jade Vess »

Mine were inspired by few things – the colour scheme came from my real life silks colours (green and gold) and were adjusted to reflect the Humboldt Broncos colours. Everything else was mostly just playing with colour and design combos until I got something that I liked :lol:
At Stud
Chuck Tingle – DR
$7,500
Dream All Day – DR
$12,500

Coming Soon
Y59: Sunrise inthe Dawn – AWR
Y60: Faded Memory – DR

A Complete Historical Guide to the Louisville Derby
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Back around 2007 or 2008 when I had my silks made, I was just completing a cross-stitch project, one where I used a program to create a cross-stitch project from a photo...had to tweak and customize the pattern and colors...then from there start stitching. It was of a tiger striding out of the darkness...and I thought it would be fun to have silks like that. Here are some photos of my tiger I cross stitched.

The photo I worked with to make the pattern - with the completed project to the right of it:

A closer view of the tiger:

And the frame I finally found to frame it with...this photo if just of the frame fitted around it to give an idea what it would look like once done. I still had a lot of fabric to trim from the edge, but leave some to wrap around an acid free backer board in order to keep everything tight and nice once it went into the frame.

There have been a few times over the the past few years I thought about having my silks redone...maybe add some shadowing to the orange background of the silks...but I don't know if that would make them too furry looking...lol....which would be weird for silks.
-------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

I got these silks around the same time I started in the SIM. I've thought of a bunch of other options, but none that stood above all the others or which I felt I really needed to have.

It's sort of like tattoo ideas. If you come up with an idea for a tattoo, wait a year. If you still think it's a good idea, get it. If not, be thankful you didn't. I've never come up with an idea for silks without coming up with a better (or at least more fresh and interesting) one within a year.

I'm kinda attached to them nowadays.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Mine are a pretty new design, I had some before that I had for many years, but I have to say, I like this design a lot more than I ever liked my other ones, granted, I didn't have the horse that inspired them back then.

Anyway, actually a pretty short story to explain the color and design. My real life horse was the inspiration for these silks, he's a newly turned 6 year old overo paint/appy/QH gelding I've had since birth, literally the most amazing horse ever, I got so lucky for an accidental foal, still no idea who the sire is, other than he was a paint, and he had a very nice mane and tail cause his Appy dam had nothing :lol: . We compete in endurance. His name is Patriot, as in the American Revolution Patriot. So obviously, red white and blue, stars and stripes. The overo on the silks was inspired by him, but also works since my primary focus in the SIM are my beloved Paints. Then have the JF on the cap just as my initials, saw that on someone else's silks and really liked the idea

Pic of the handsome man because he's amazing:

And baby pic because honestly, who doesn't want to see this?:
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Chef. Baker. Canada. I like blue.

Might need an update to a fly fishing/mountain motif as I've finally learned that the all-or-nothing 80-hour work weeks and the constant exhaustion of restaurant work are much less enticing than actually taking time to enjoy the things I enjoy in life.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Fanta Arcadia wrote: 3 years ago Image

I have a phoenix tattoo and have always loved them, so that's basically where my design came from lol
I always thought you had one of the most beautiful silks in the Sim. Seems like some years ago you won, or came close to winning a silks contest.???

I also like, quite a bit, the silks of someone I can't recall at the moment :oops: Their silks have a lovely Scottish type thistle in the design.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Stormy Peak wrote:
Fanta Arcadia wrote: Image

I always thought you had one of the most beautiful silks in the Sim. Seems like some years ago you won, or came close to winning a silks contest.???

I also like, quite a bit, the silks of someone I can't recall at the moment :oops: Their silks have a lovely Scottish type thistle in the design.

Stormy
I think you mean Ali?

KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: .........I also like, quite a bit, the silks of someone I can't recall at the moment :oops: Their silks have a lovely Scottish type thistle in the design.

Stormy
I think you mean Ali?

Yep, those are the silks : )

Thanks for looking them up and posting them.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000