I couldn't find a place for this, because feature race is shut down.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

I couldn't find a place for this, because feature race is shut down.

Post by Jack Christensen »

This is a review/recap of the Steward’s Cup this week. And there is a lot to recap. We won’t be able to go through all of it, but I’ll go into the most memorable moments.

W16-D1-Y55
The Synthetic Mile: Hot Dog. One of the best names, and the best AW miler in the SIM. At least according to this result. A fan favorite, Hot Dog already has 42 bookings as a stud, and he is standing out of Patrick O’Malley’s for the fee of 35,000.

The Synthetic Matron: Everybody knows this story. Whether you were in the chat for the nail biter finish, or you read Nicholas Johnson’s heartwarming article about the bond between him and his horse, you were enthralled with this horse. Margaux won this heartwrencher by a head, and won the hearts of many of us.

Steward’s Cup Marathon Chase: This race was special, not in the way Margaux’s win was though. It was special because it was long. Really long! 4 miles to be exact. The winner of this way-too-long race was Idiazabal. That horse could run for days. And also, shout out to The Steward, as she called this extremely long race, with allergies!

W16-D2-Y55
Juvenile Pace: I chose to point out this race, and this horse, because of the time. This was the fastest pacer time of all the Steward's Cup races for pacers this year. Wow. And it was done by a two year old. A baby, nonetheless. The time of 1:47.88. Prodigal Son posted a 100 speed figure in this incredible race. Watch out for Prodigal Son in the future.

W16-D3-Y55
Quarters Championship:El Dorado won this race, which in my opinion was the most competitive race. There wasn’t anything super special about this race to me, although I’m sure the owners had plenty of stake in it. It was the quality of the horses. They were so good. The last place finisher in this race ran an 80 speed figure. A packed field made this race memorable.

W16-D4-Y55
Juvenile Fillies: This race was special, because it was packed. Even a few members of the chat predicted a dead heat that included every single horse in the race. I didn’t disagree with them. Now, Symphony drew away and won by 2 ½ lengths, but Fighting Words ran a great race, and so did Danvers and Keepsake. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing these fillies' names on Steward’s Cup forms in the future. They will be running in the Steward’s Cups of the future, and so will be their babies.

W16-D5-Y55
The Steward’s Cup Classic: The big one. The biggest purse of the Steward’s Cup. This year it was Delirium, who won, and picked up $3M in purse money.Now that is swimming in money! Kris Bobby owns Delirium. But it was close, as the first 5 finishers finished roughly within a length and a quarter. Wow!

To Sum It Up: I’m extremely disappointed that it is over, but it is the break and preseason, and I think I speak for the rest of the SIM community when I say, let's do it again!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: I couldn't find a place for this, because feature race is shut down.

Post by Nena Olson »

Articles are turned off after W16 Friday results until races start back up again :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚