Scam calls

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Scam calls

Post by Stormy Peak »

Just got a new one...at least for me.

Phone rings and I pick it up and hear a very robotic female voice saying, "Your Apple Account has been breached, do not use the internet for anything until you deal with a tech support representative. Press 1 to reach a tech support representative."

That one made me laugh, because the only thing 'Apple' I have in my home is a 2 generation iPod stuffed in a closet for the past 2 years. I find it so hard to believe people actually fall for phone calls like that, but know enough have to be doing so to keep those scammers dialing and trying to sucker people in.

I've most scam calls like that, come from 'Microsoft Tech Support' or close sounding names. A lot of times, with that scam a live person, with a Strong India accent usually calls..and their names are always something like Jim, Tom, Fred, Jack, James, or Bob -- I had no clue that English names were so popular in India! :P

I'll have to give more points to the Microsoft scammers...the Apple ones cheaped out with the robo-voice...lol.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000