i decided on white :)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jess Dowson
Derby Contender

i decided on white :)

Post by Jess Dowson »

I was leaning towards the lavender coloured iphone 11 but for some reason the contract i chose was showing it to be 5 pound more expensive than white, it doesnt sound much but over 24 month that will be quite alot just for a different colour. I will be so glad to get another phone so that i am not continously checking my pockets for my old phone, especially when riding.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: i decided on white :)

Post by The Harlequins »

Well Jess,

I have borrowed Stormys telephone, got myself a wireless in a bakelite case ,a box brownie camera and a old USA telly about a cubic meter in all

Got myself a nice pick up truck to carry it all and parkup under a AT&T cable line.

So i can do all you and your white phone can do :lol:

The moral of the story.

If people working together instead of warmongering ,surpressing freedoms of speech, being raciest in all forms and denying basic human rights, in the spate of 2 generations, what else could we achieve together.

Frank.

ps not sure white is a colour, more a shade :shock:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Invest in an otterbox (or equivalent) case and a tempered glass screen protector. I did with my phone and it survived a fall from my pocket at a flat gallop. Even if the phone is insured, screen replacements are a pain!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Invest in an otterbox (or equivalent) case and a tempered glass screen protector. I did with my phone and it survived a fall from my pocket at a flat gallop. Even if the phone is insured, screen replacements are a pain!
I second this, my otterbox is a lifesaver. First day using my new phone, dropped it on pavement :lol: I've had this phone now for 2 months and not a scratch on the phone and I abuse my phones, not on purpose, I just apparently am prone to dropping my phone or making poor choices with it. My phone before this new IPhone 7 was an IPhone 4, I had it for just over 5 years and of course had an off brand otterbox on it, it was beaten and abused, but not a scratch on the phone (the case is a different story), only thing I had done in the 5 years I had it was I replaced the battery about 2 years in, that phone still works, I use it as a camera, battery is on it's last legs and only last maybe an hour, but it still works for getting some potentially phone damaging "I'm not doing this with my new phone" camera angles
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Jess Dowson wrote: 3 years ago I was leaning towards the lavender coloured iphone 11 but for some reason the contract i chose was showing it to be 5 pound more expensive than white, it doesnt sound much but over 24 month that will be quite alot just for a different colour. I will be so glad to get another phone so that i am not continously checking my pockets for my old phone, especially when riding.
They wanted $120 more for a phone that was just a different color? :shock: :o What a rip off! Besides, if you buy a protective case for it, aren't they cheaper and come in various colors and designs? I'm not familiar with cellphones, but my kindle could have been purchased in different colors, but if you wanted to put a cover on it, it hid all that color anyways. I went with just a black kindle and then for like $30 bought a protective case for it that was shades of blue that went from from like to dark with orchid flowers and branches filling in one of the upper corners and down the side...can't even hardly see the kindle's color. I would assume a cellphone case would do the same. ???

Glad you found out about the other version not getting support soon and was able to chose one that will be current for some time.

And, The Harlequins... it wasn't a brownie camera, or even a Kodak 110...lol. At the time of that photo I had a pretty nice digital Cannon. : ) But I broke it a few years ago... lately just been using my kindle to take photos with. :P Also, if you end up mobilizing one of those old bakelite rotary dials... the handset is heavy enough to be a lethal weapon if anyone ever wants to mug ya. lol

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Invest in an otterbox (or equivalent) case and a tempered glass screen protector. I did with my phone and it survived a fall from my pocket at a flat gallop. Even if the phone is insured, screen replacements are a pain!
I surely can not agree to this at all... :lol:

I am still using a Samsung S7... yes it is 4 years old, but after at least a dozen tempered glass protector screens, the phone is still in perfect working order and the screen unscratched or cracked... Did I mention at least two of those screen protector replacements was because I threw a torch with glass breaker end onto my car seat... where I rather stupidly left my phone first?

It also only has the rubber phone Cygnett case, could never get used to the more bulky cases, but that has done its job, mind you, I don't sit on a horse at full gallop either, my phone usually only has to survive a random six foot drop at times
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

They only screen I’ve had to have replaced since 2014 (when I got my first iPhone) happened after I broke my tempered glass on a Sunday and couldn’t get a new one immediately. Then I foolishly decided to do some exercise and was on my 8th minute on the skipping rope when my poor defenceless phone jumped out of my pocket and landed face down on a small stone. Screen SHATTERED. Moral of the story: exercise is bad for everyone.

My otterbox is just one of the bumper cases. I’ve never liked the bulky whole protection cases which is why I use the case plus glass combo.

The other advantage is I am under contracts where I own the phone on completion of the contract. My phones have always been in perfect condition after 2 years so I sell the phone to cover the first few months of the new contract (being under contract is a tax write-off so I tend to get a new one every second year). iPhones in good condition hold their value quite well.
AT STUD
Jess Dowson
Derby Contender

Post by Jess Dowson »

i have dropped my old phone far too many times out of my pocket when galloping horses
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

All my pockets have zips or Velcro now :lol: gotta have my phone on me in case I fall off and need a rescue. My training track at home has many obstacles such as cows, birds, kangaroos, wallabies, snakes and goannas. You know you’ve hit one too many wallabies at 12 to the furlong when you go “oh ffs” in resignation rather than “uh oh” in panic. One of my geldings is so sick of them that he can kill one with a back foot straight to the skull without missing a step. Worse than deer, I swear to god.
AT STUD
Jess Dowson
Derby Contender

Post by Jess Dowson »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago All my pockets have zips or Velcro now :lol: gotta have my phone on me in case I fall off and need a rescue. My training track at home has many obstacles such as cows, birds, kangaroos, wallabies, snakes and goannas. You know you’ve hit one too many wallabies at 12 to the furlong when you go “oh ffs” in resignation rather than “uh oh” in panic. One of my geldings is so sick of them that he can kill one with a back foot straight to the skull without missing a step. Worse than deer, I swear to god.
we usually have ducks zooming about and the horses spook far too much lol, i always ride with my phone for the same reason
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago All my pockets have zips or Velcro now :lol: gotta have my phone on me in case I fall off and need a rescue. My training track at home has many obstacles such as cows, birds, kangaroos, wallabies, snakes and goannas. You know you’ve hit one too many wallabies at 12 to the furlong when you go “oh ffs” in resignation rather than “uh oh” in panic. One of my geldings is so sick of them that he can kill one with a back foot straight to the skull without missing a step. Worse than deer, I swear to god.
No wombats?
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
No wombats?
Never seen one! Occasionally an echidna will show up and one time we had a resident bilby in the stable. Both of those tend to avoid the track though.
AT STUD
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

I've never seen an echidna in the wild (just at the zoo). I've seen a wombat in a horse pasture. No goannas, but I saw a huge grey snake slithering on the footpath to the local shops a few days after I arrived that had me nervous, but I've never seen another one. I'm not a fan of snakes that are longer than I am tall, even if they're not poisonous. :D
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100