VANITY

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

VANITY

Post by The Harlequins »

A few days ago i wanted 6 wins to reach 500 wins,

Monday always a good day for results.........nothing.

Right hunt through the stable to find a late entry.....nothing

Today early for U.K. PLAYERS........NOTHING

Done with vanity, let the sim take its course as nature does :lol:

Still love this game so much.

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: VANITY

Post by The Harlequins »

I remember it and her well Andrew :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: VANITY

Post by Stormy Peak »

I think it took me like 9 weeks to get my 1st win in this game after joining. I joined year 17, and it wasn't until year 33 before I hit 500 wins.

I was playing the game a bit differently though. I was focusing more on trying to find horses I could try 'rescue', fix up and try to earn money with...often cast offs from AJ's barn.

Prior to this game, I had played another sim horse racing game and worked my way up into the top 10 trainers... I bought, bred, sold horses and ran them in claimers. I left that game when it became clear the owner was giving her best friends heads up on changes and such in the game. When I came here, I thought I would try to play it in another way, and cater to my 'hoarder' issues in a way I can't do in real life...lol. So, for some years here I didn't worry about getting a top end horse and just had fun with my goobers. (my horses that ran for peanuts).

Finally I had to go for better quality and get more serious about breeding to upper end levels. I had sooooo many horses and to pay for them, I needed better runners.

So, it's pretty interesting to me when I see new-ish players get so many wins in such a short amount of time....because still takes some initiative to learn the game well enough, to make the smart choices on getting good horses and placing them in the right level of racing.

Hope you see 500 soon.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000