a view from a oldie

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

a view from a oldie

Post by The Harlequins »

It seems i phones and other devices are the must have things to have amongest your same age peers.

Evolution may help by making your thumb smaller to hit the ever smaller phones

Your future looks bright, you can sit at home access all the intel your heart desires and facebook your friends with your new found knowledge

So the future is people unable to support there body weight,at thumb smaller then there little finger, and a blame society for there issues :shock:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: a view from a oldie

Post by Carole Hanson »

Sounds like you're kinda jealous of us young ones Frank ;)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

HA HA jealous of your youth for sure Carole,wish you young guys could have wisdom with it.....i dont mean the game lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago HA HA jealous of your youth for sure Carole,wish you young guys could have wisdom with it.....i dont mean the game lol
Wish you old guys had some wisdom, kinda left our generation hanging
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Might as well say it now, the guy posting 10 times a day on an internet forum has no room to talk about the youth using technology all the time.
yeah
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago HA HA jealous of your youth for sure Carole,wish you young guys could have wisdom with it.....i dont mean the game lol
Not sure how you can judge my wisdom based on a game Frank.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I believe that wisdom is not gained with age, but with life experiences. I know people my age with far more tumultuous life experiences than people much older than we, and their behavior demonstrates great wisdom beyond their time on earth. Wisdom and age do not share a linear relationship.

But then again, what do I know? I’m just a young girl. ;) And self-aware enough to know wisdom is something I don’t have in spades yet.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Tim Matthews wrote: 3 years ago Image
I wish they would stop using my driver's license photo!
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Wisdom is, in my opinion, something gained through life experience. Some people have a whole lot of that crammed into a short period of time. I know plenty of people my age (26) who are a heck of a lot more wise than some of the 50 year olds I know.
I also think there is nothing wrong with being naive, exploratory, and keeping that youthful zest for life as long as you can.

And yes, thank goodness for the internet... It carried me through earning two college degrees because half my professors couldn't teach if their lives depended on it, but I am no less qualified to be a Biologist now simply because I used Google Scholar to supplement my studies in college ;) and seeing as I paid for that education by modeling, I would say my weight was never an issue either, even with my internet and phone use.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Glad I was born with small hands :) I was born for the future I guess!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

The post was ment to reflect that years ago the phrase ..you cannot but a old head on young sholders,was somewhat true.

But with todays fast moving tech adds and aids and the www.that notion may now be old school.

Maybe i should have shown more wisdom and kept my gob shut :lol:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

It worked he went on to become John Wick 8-)

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

And so the great divide starts. Old vs young, big hands vs little hands, brown eyes vs blue vs green, tall vs short, etc vs etc. We can defend our anything. I am old, big hands, brown eyes, shortish but after 50 or so years of not being wise I will share my wisdom with anyone on any given day. For me wisdom has come from my lack of previous wisdom mistakes and learning from them (some mistakes many times before learning). I started working in the computer field in the late 60s, watched it grow and embraced as much as I was able. Yes there are side effects but much is a social not a physical change that I will see in my lifetime.

Is my version of wisdom perfect? Not necessarily, but I do recognize when a mistake I made is about to happen to someone else and will help if asked or share a thought if given the opportunity. Do I still make mistakes? Yes. Do I fix those mistakes going forward? Not always, but wisdom will suggest I try. Will Frank keep his gob shut? Try Frank, really try.
*Sugar Bottom Stable