a view from a oldie

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: a view from a oldie

Post by The Harlequins »

I will try Keith, but i am not hopeful. lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 3 years ago And so the great divide starts. Old vs young, big hands vs little hands, brown eyes vs blue vs green, tall vs short, etc vs etc. We can defend our anything. I am old, big hands, brown eyes, shortish but after 50 or so years of not being wise I will share my wisdom with anyone on any given day. For me wisdom has come from my lack of previous wisdom mistakes and learning from them (some mistakes many times before learning). I started working in the computer field in the late 60s, watched it grow and embraced as much as I was able. Yes there are side effects but much is a social not a physical change that I will see in my lifetime.

Is my version of wisdom perfect? Not necessarily, but I do recognize when a mistake I made is about to happen to someone else and will help if asked or share a thought if given the opportunity. Do I still make mistakes? Yes. Do I fix those mistakes going forward? Not always, but wisdom will suggest I try. Will Frank keep his gob shut? Try Frank, really try.
You are now my favorite Keith.
yeah
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Give me a minute Dylan ,i will book you 2 a room on my i phone
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Frank? There is no frank here. No longer has he gone by a name, but another. For now! He is Harlequins, -The- Harlequins.
;p
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Give me a minute Dylan ,i will book you 2 a room on my i phone
No
yeah
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Give me a minute Dylan ,i will book you 2 a room on my i phone
Log off dude
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

If you had all that wisdom you speak of Frank, I don’t think you’d be posting this comment.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Zero- highly inappropriate
;p
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Your posts don’t offend me frank as I’m probably classed as old like you but you surely realise by now the millennials don’t do humour they just like to be offended 90% of the time.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

John Nicholson wrote: 3 years ago Your posts don’t offend me frank as I’m probably classed as old like you but you surely realise by now the millennials don’t do humour they just like to be offended 90% of the time.
Not offended, just dumbfounded at the audacity of this man. Slightly offended at his perverted comment but whatever.
yeah
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

John Nicholson wrote: 3 years ago Your posts don’t offend me frank as I’m probably classed as old like you but you surely realise by now the millennials don’t do humour they just like to be offended 90% of the time.
Humor? I thought jokes were supposed to be funny.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Times change as do people and their cultures and points of view. People do not like to be offended, but many no longer tolerate humor that has sexist, racist, homophobic, or other inappropriate roots. When those jokes are made, they subtly propagate the ideas in question are okay when they are not. Anyone can agree or disagree with this; I'm not trying to start a debate, just trying to spell out my line of thinking.

In this case, I don't find making a joke which implies innuendo about two parties when there is an exceptionally considerable age gap between them appropriate. Sorry if that makes me a snowflake.
Last edited by Nini Panini 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

“Ok boomer” - as said by gen x y and z
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

John, the issue is, Frank rather than logically counter Keith’s argument, chooses to make a perverse comment about Keith and Dylan, whom as Nini stated, have a large age gap between them. It’s understandable to not know that information, but I think a wise person would think twice before posting that comment. And really, that response was more immature than anything, which really contradicts Frank’s comments about the youngsters needing to wise up.

But what do I know, I’m too young to understand :)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

We have to have some form of internet etiquette.
;p