a view from a oldie

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: a view from a oldie

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I feel like everyone needs to go to their own rooms for a bit of a time out here...my goodness...
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

I don't think Frank meant anything "homophobic." His comment is a paraphrase of a comment usually said in jest when 2 people are constantly agreeing with each other in a discussion, and the third member says "maybe you two ought to get a room together." It has nothing to do with sensual preferences. It's been said to two people of the opposite gender as well as people of the same gender.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago I feel like everyone needs to go to their own rooms for a bit of a time out here...my goodness...
yeah
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

T.D. Palm wrote: 3 years ago I don't think Frank meant anything "homophobic." His comment is a paraphrase of a comment usually said in jest when 2 people are constantly agreeing with each other in a discussion, and the third member says "maybe you two ought to get a room together." It has nothing to do with sensual preferences. It's been said to two people of the opposite gender as well as people of the same gender.
I don’t think anyone was saying it was homophobic. It was just creepy considering the age gap between Dylan and Keith. And it also sounds like pettiness because that person lost an argument.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

T.D. Palm wrote: 3 years ago I don't think Frank meant anything "homophobic." His comment is a paraphrase of a comment usually said in jest when 2 people are constantly agreeing with each other in a discussion, and the third member says "maybe you two ought to get a room together." It has nothing to do with sensual preferences. It's been said to two people of the opposite gender as well as people of the same gender.
I'm aware, it's the fact that he's making a joke about myself who is not yet 18 and a man who's 40-50 years older than me.
yeah
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

He didn’t! Allow me to clarify myself - I was only using homophobia as an example to demonstrate what is not acceptable anymore. It did not have anything to do with this conversation, and if it came off that way, please allow this message to clarify my intentions.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago I feel like everyone needs to go to their own rooms for a bit of a time out here...my goodness...
This comment should sort everything out!
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Tim Matthews wrote: 3 years ago
This comment should sort everything out!
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Wow! This is just the post that doesn't want to go in any positive direction. Several things about me: I am married for 43 years to my second wife, have a daughter from the first one and three daughters from the second one. My sexuality is well defined but the suggestion that age difference is the only reason for not having a relationship is pretty interesting. I'm sorry I tried to define wisdom here in this thread. Seems like a pretty wasted effort.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Me reading this thread

I have a stable full of cats
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 3 years ago Wow! This is just the post that doesn't want to go in any positive direction. Several things about me: I am married for 43 years to my second wife, have a daughter from the first one and three daughters from the second one. My sexuality is well defined but the suggestion that age difference is the only reason for not having a relationship is pretty interesting. I'm sorry I tried to define wisdom here in this thread. Seems like a pretty wasted effort.
Keith you did nothing wrong
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

I'm surprised that this thread actually happened in the middle of the racing season instead of over break
I have a stable full of cats
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I think I know what word the colonel wanted to use
;p
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Wait I gotta run to the store real quick