I'm going to be a great-aunt again : )

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

I'm going to be a great-aunt again : )

Post by Stormy Peak »

Earlier this past week, my favorite niece, Shantel, visited from out of town. She had already told her mom the news but wanted to tell me in person that she's going to be a mom. :D

Some you might recall me talking about her hearing loss and her operation to get cochlear implants.
Shantel started losing her hearing around age 3, it was pretty much gone by the time she was 15. But at age 16, she got cochlear implants and was able to hear again. It changed her whole world, and her confidence level shot through the roof.

She also during that time, came to accept the fact that she was bi -- she has had both girlfriends and boyfriends.
One thing she didn't do though, is stay with someone who broke 'the rules' that were talked about before getting into a relationship. She would not tolerate someone cheating on her, or lying to her...and absolutely no drugs.
There were no 2nd chances and she rarely had a relationship last more than 6 months because of her partners breaking one of the rules....especially the doing drugs one. :(

But she met a guy, and they've been together now for 2 years - she's 23 now, and he's 25. He must be doing something right because he's lasted that long, and he's as happy about this baby as she is.

He's a journeyman plumber. He's been going to school to get his certificates, plus working with a plumbing company that goes into new construction and installs all the pipes and fixtures. He got a big bump in pay once went from apprentice to journeyman status, so money isn't an issue with them. My niece has been workong as a waitress -3 days a week at a high end restaurant and 2 days a week at a nice sports bar. Her tips alone are as much as the wages some people earn at other jobs.
The virus shutdown had her out of work for a while, but she's back...but now needs to make the decision about quitting for her and the baby's safety.

Shantel's life has been difficult...her hearing issues, and then getting the courage to tell her family and some friends that she was bi. No one in our family cared...we love her no matter what. However, a few of her friends shunned her, and she has had a couple of incidents with strangers saying hurtful things when she's been with girlfriends. She's also had her heart broke in losing partners who she really had feelings for, but who betrayed her by cheating on her, telling her major lies about other things and doing drugs.

I just hope that from here on out, she gets the best of life...a lifelong partnership with her guy, and a healthy baby. She deserves it. She wants a boy and her partner wants a girl. Both, though, just want a safe delivery and a healthy baby regardless of gender. They are still trying to decide if they want to know the gender ahead of time.

I am so looking forward to their baby. Shantel laughed when she told me I was going to be a great-aunt again. My reply was, "I've always been a great aunt" 8-) I also love her for wanting to take the 180 mile trip to tell me in person, rather than over the phone...even her mom didn't get that privilege. :D

Here's a few photos of Shantel when she was 19. She's just as beautiful and hasn't aged a bit since these photos were taken. She still has her dog, Zaylee, who I believe operates on nuclear power, she hasn't slowed a bit...a typical high energy, McNab boarder collie.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: I'm going to be a great-aunt again : )

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congrats, Stormy! I have a great grandniece and two great grandnephews. Also, my step-nephew and his wife are having twins this year. His wife is 40, and they have one of the little boys; I didn't know whether to congratulate them or hand her a knife to cut her throat (or his). LOL

I have a niece who is gay and in a very long relationship with her partner; they are now discussing children, so can't wait to see the new babies!

I hope it all goes well with your niece!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Twins are very rare in my family. I have a cousin and his wife had twins, but that is it. Forty and having twins...just sounds exhausting to me...lol. I barely have the energy to keep up with 2 dogs and a cat on some days...much less a child...or two.

Shantel has already expressed to her mom, that she's worried about the baby having the same hearing problems...that her baby will be born deaf, or slowly go deaf, like she did. I just hate that Shantel will have that on her mind the whole nine months, and probably for some years afterwards.

I haven't been all that excited when I've heard my nieces were going to have babies, because 2 of them were drug addicts and lazy beyond belief...and the other is an obnoxious, self centered, self-entitled, princess, who has very little patience. I just dreaded the idea of them having, and caring (or worse, not caring) for their kids. For the most part, my worries were realized.

But with Shantel...I am so happy about it. She's going to be a loving and caring mom, and if she follows how her mom, my youngest sister raised her...then Shantel's child should grow up much loved, but also not grow up a self-entitled 'snowflake' expecting everything just handed over.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Most probably heard about this in chat last night, but I thought I should properly close out this thread, by saying that Shantel lost her baby Thursday night. She and her boyfriend are utterly devastated. The baby was something they both wanted and were excited about. My sister and I, too, were thrilled when we heard Shantel was expecting.

My heart just aches over the loss, and the future that 'might have been' with Shantel's child in this world. I'm also just heartbroken that Shantel and her boyfriend, and my sister are experiencing so much pain over this.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago Most probably heard about this in chat last night, but I thought I should properly close out this thread, by saying that Shantel lost her baby Thursday night. She and her boyfriend are utterly devastated. The baby was something they both wanted and were excited about. My sister and I, too, were thrilled when we heard Shantel was expecting.

My heart just aches over the loss, and the future that 'might have been' with Shantel's child in this world. I'm also just heartbroken that Shantel and her boyfriend, and my sister are experiencing so much pain over this.

Stormy
Stormy, I'm so sorry, I can't imagine their pain, and there never seem to be the right words for things like this, but I sincerely hope that your niece and her boyfriend have a good support system and will be able to cope with this. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.