Upcomming Festivous

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Upcomming Festivous

Post by The Harlequins »

I hope i am not the first person to throw my toys out the pram, but i will if my last 4 months work as not yealded a return.
This is the fun of the game in my small view, late bloomers rule, a cheaky stakes a full on freak late bloomer.

Have bread 120 this year only trotters and turf and dirt sprinters.

I want 3 freaks out of the lot of them ......or the toys are out.

Sim gods keep me sane from self harming :lol: :lol: :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Upcomming Festivous

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I’ve been here twice as long so I should have 6 freaks right?
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Very ambitious!

It took me 5 SIM years to breed my first freak, and you got one in your first crop. I don’t think that’s very common at all.

I had 2 more freak during Festivus last year (my 6th SIM Year), but they were both DR where freaks are far more common.

Festivus is a time of excitement, and crushing disappointment. I’ve stopped expecting freaks, and switched to hoping for them. If that makes sense 🥰

Good luck at festivus Frank!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The SIM goes up and and down, some years are great, some are awful. Don’t be surprised if you don’t get any freaks next season, especially with the gallop threshold set to go up.

But either way, good luck.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I was going to say, it will be very difficult to get a freak with what we are about to do to the gallop ratings, ha. If you get 3 stakes you should be pumped!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I was going to say, it will be very difficult to get a freak with what we are about to do to the gallop ratings, ha. If you get 3 stakes you should be pumped!
Can’t wait to see everyone’s pretty claimers!!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I was going to say, it will be very difficult to get a freak with what we are about to do to the gallop ratings, ha. If you get 3 stakes you should be pumped!
This is scary lol

But hey, if this means that stakes dirt routers are actually stakes-worthy and you don't have Pacer freaks who can't win conditional allowances then I'm 110% for it
I have a stable full of cats
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago
This is scary lol

But hey, if this means that stakes dirt routers are actually stakes-worthy and you don't have Pacer freaks who can't win conditional allowances then I'm 110% for it
We go through this every 4-5 seasons. Haha. Then things go back to the way they are now
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Brian Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago
This is scary lol

We go through this every 4-5 seasons. Haha. Then things go back to the way they are now
Almost as if the quality of horses is perpetually going up with each successive crop and the numbers behind the gallop ratings, which are programmed to be fixed in place, need to be manually updated to keep up with it! :)

(Also oh my god I'm so sorry Pete that sounded way more sarcastic than I meant it to lmao)
I have a stable full of cats
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:shock: :shock: a question if this will affect all gallops

It means that the claimers will do Different Career

and the different career what canter classification would they have?

I must mentalize about my 3 yealings Stakes that will surely make allowance a little more below

This does not look good I think there will be a lot of regret and sadness between 3 weeks I think WOW all this change scares a lot
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Remember, your horses are not getting slower. Their comments are being adjusted to more accurately convey what they might be capable of. To reiterate, the horses do not change, but the comments do.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Don’t be scared. The same horse you bred without changes is the same horse you bred with changes. Just the label is different.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

The gallop changes don't really change anything but they will still make me sad when my sad freaks and stakes decline in comment and I feel like a worse breeder. I'm tempted to just retire a ton this year so I don't have to worry about the emotional toll of a drop in gallop.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

So that means that the new label will tell you more exactly the quality of the horse

if she says Stakes on a horse that could be good between Stakes

If it says Claimer Peak, you better cry, and not have any hope

If here the black and white works better, the gray, oh multicolored does not work

oh you're 1 oh 0

in simpler terms everything in its place
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

This is beyond terrifying! I don't know if I am mentally prepared for such disappointment!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt