Upcomming Festivous

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Re: Upcomming Festivous

Post by Arthur Cutler »

T.D. Palm wrote: 3 years ago
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I was going to say, it will be very difficult to get a freak with what we are about to do to the gallop ratings, ha. If you get 3 stakes you should be pumped!
How will this affect the stud book? People look at the Freak count of studs, I'm sure. If a new stallion can't produce a freak with these new gallop comments, but shows a good quantity of Stakes gallopers, he will be at a disadvantage to those stallions that still show multiple Freaks due to the "old" gallop ratings.
I agree with TD..It will be difficult to measure how well your new stallion is doing as compared with the already standing stallions that exist....Can a new catagory be made that list the gallops after the upcoming changes so there will be a fair comparison with the existing stallions
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

To much information to much time. Quit 🤕 ing my brain. Festivus hurry up I am going broke buying and leasing mares lol.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

I have a question, the Freak label was canceled from the Gallops? or is it still the maximum gallop of the horses
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Freak will still be the highest rating.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago Freak will still be the highest rating.
:P Thanks Dave, I had that question about the label
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Bet theres not many yearlings on the market in the first 6 weeks lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Bet theres not many yearlings on the market in the first 6 weeks lol
this year there was a Freak DR offered for sale by Bob Baffert, which I bought, Pete Vella I think for the amount of $ 2.5M

I don't remember reading another thread from a Freak sale in the first few weeks
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

So will freaks be null and void or just very few and far between?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

From my understanding, very few and far in between. There might be divisions where ones might not even exist yet but that’s just speculation on my part.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:shock: then the dreams of having a Freak in my stable gradually breaks down with big cracks :shock:

:roll: That means that my 3 Stakes will change labels now the question is at what level of label it will go :cry:
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

They will still be the same horse with the same numbers, that doesn’t change. So even if they were stakes they might have been a very low stakes and might have been running kinda awful. Now you will be able to tell more accurately what their actual ability is.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago They will still be the same horse with the same numbers, that doesn’t change. So even if they were stakes they might have been a very low stakes and might have been running kinda awful. Now you will be able to tell more accurately what their actual ability is.
:shock: :D :P but if there is a bet remaining, it is of better quality, and if they go down to allowance they were of low quality, that is, they were not 100% bet

It is scary, and interesting, very sour sweet, because if there are changes in the label that is an allowance to Stakes is great, you have a great chance to have a winning G1 :P
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:D :shock: wow the day of the Yearlings gallops, and the other years will do something SUPERNATURAL, I already want to read the comments of the changes that day I must get popcorn, and sit down to calmly read those threads, and the great stories that will surely happen History, the day where great laments were heard, and shouts of joy in the SIM :cry: :lol:
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

On Monday 12 there will be a server update, that means that at midnight on Monday you can gallop the horses of 2 years of age, and older to see the gallop settings, the question is better to do it after the update Oh it better be done at midnight on Monday before the page is down

the other question if you gallop at 2 years old, and older on Saturday 10 at midnight maybe you will also have the gallop update, oh it will be after the server update

what could be the best options :roll:
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I was going to say, it will be very difficult to get a freak with what we are about to do to the gallop ratings, ha. If you get 3 stakes you should be pumped!
I read this again. I might not be as mentally prepared for festivus as I thought 😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt