On the subject of cats

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

On the subject of cats

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I was listening a little bit to last night's calls over lunch today, and just wanted to say congratulations to Emily on opening your cat sanctuary! Former shelter cat Signe would like me to convey her appreciation and has with only a little bit of hesitation agreed to share some of her treat fund this week (picky brat probably wasn't going to eat them anyway).

https://www.whiskerssanctuary.com/

DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: On the subject of cats

Post by The Steward »

Thank you so much!! I'm happier than I've been in years!!!! I just feel "right" for once!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Thank you so much!! I'm happier than I've been in years!!!! I just feel "right" for once!
Thank you for doing this and helping out what cats that you can. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I'm so thrilled for you Emily! I've volunteered at Good Mews Animal Foundation for 20 years in lots of different areas. With as much effort running a shelter is, I can't imagine starting one. Good for you!
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I hope that as soon as your charity paperwork comes through, that everyone can use Smile Amazon to send donations your way with each purchase they make through that part of Amazon.
I've used it for years now to help out the Our Mims Foundation for retired broodmares, and I would add your rescue too.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Fantastic initative, super happy for you, Congrats!
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Thank you so much!! I'm happier than I've been in years!!!! I just feel "right" for once!
OMG where? how? How can I help?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago
OMG where? how? How can I help?
I'll send you a PM!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ricky Spanish
Two Year Old

Post by Ricky Spanish »

This has made my day! I worked in an animal rescue for 5 years, its so rewarding! Congrats Emily!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I was kind of wondering why someone who's built up such a huge horse racing game... ended up doing cat rescue. when there seemed to be a logical next step....???

I didn't think it all the way through...but this helped. ;)

------------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Guys, I currently have 12 cats available for adoption.

ANYONE WANT A CAT!?

And if anyone wants to donate on this lovely Giving Tuesday, you can have my immense and eternal gratitude. Maybe not a free Steward-bred. But, you never know.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago I was kind of wondering why someone who's built up such a huge horse racing game... ended up doing cat rescue. when there seemed to be a logical next step....???

I didn't think it all the way through...but this helped. ;)

Ok this is embarrassing to admit but when I was a kid I taught my two Siamese cats be play horses. They had saddles so that my barbies could go for rides. They had a wagon that they would pull if I hitched them to it- obeying voice commands like giddyup, whoa, haw, and gee. And we had a jumps course and....wait for it...a starting gate. If I put them in the starting gate and opened it they would "race". And before anyone freaks out too much Siamese are more than willing to sign up for all this for their kid. It amused the neighbors no end.

------------
Stormy
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Guys, I currently have 12 cats available for adoption.

ANYONE WANT A CAT!?

And if anyone wants to donate on this lovely Giving Tuesday, you can have my immense and eternal gratitude. Maybe not a free Steward-bred. But, you never know.
You should be getting litter and a brush soon. But there needs to be a better way to get litter than Amazon....wonder if there is a way to sign up as a charity with Instacart?
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago You should be getting litter and a brush soon. But there needs to be a better way to get litter than Amazon....wonder if there is a way to sign up as a charity with Instacart?
The shelter where I volunteer gets a load of stuff from Chewy, I wonder if a wish list can be created on their website. Ah, a quick check of the site says you can indeed create a shelter wish list (the shelter needs to create it).
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 3 years ago
Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago You should be getting litter and a brush soon. But there needs to be a better way to get litter than Amazon....wonder if there is a way to sign up as a charity with Instacart?
The shelter where I volunteer gets a load of stuff from Chewy, I wonder if a wish list can be created on their website. Ah, a quick check of the site says you can indeed create a shelter wish list (the shelter needs to create it).
I was looking for something where the litter could be fulfilled locally as shipping is high due to weight. Something where the shelter gets more bang for the buck.