I got the 'rona

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

I got the 'rona

Post by Amy Bahama »

All of my family has come down with Covid-19: all 4 of my siblings and corresponding spouses, my stepmother, my husband and then on his side of the family, his sister and brother in law and my 4 nephews. My mom and step dad and mother in law and father in law do not have it, which is great. The rest of us though are not doing as horribly as we anticipated. It's more the inconvenience of being sick and quarantined than the illness itself getting to us. For me, it's been nothing out of the ordinary. I have congestion and a cough. I did lose my sense of smell and taste, but after a week I was able to taste toast this morning. I'm a little out of breath now and then, but nothing like I was thinking I would be. I am starting to climb the walls though. I have been working from home since March, but I've had the freedom to just go to the store if needed and do what I want. I had to cancel my NYE trip to Florida because we won't be out of quarantine and we don't want to spread anything. I'm not sure why I am sharing this, just curious if anyone else has contracted the virus and see how you are fairing. Have a great day!
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Re: I got the 'rona

Post by Brad Fabman »

Nope. Nothing here. It doesn't want me.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Oh no!!! So so sorry Amy!! Glad it's not as bad as it could be.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Aloretta Dethly
Miler

Post by Aloretta Dethly »

I am currently quarantining. My mom called me at work Monday and told me she tested positive so I immediately left since we live together. Her positive was from last Thursday's test. She works at a nursing home and is tested twice a week. Her rapid test Monday was negative. We are still awaiting her results from the regular test Monday. I went Tuesday and got tested, my dad went Wednesday and got tested. None of us feel sick or have symptoms.
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Aloretta Dethly wrote: 3 years ago I am currently quarantining. My mom called me at work Monday and told me she tested positive so I immediately left since we live together. Her positive was from last Thursday's test. She works at a nursing home and is tested twice a week. Her rapid test Monday was negative. We are still awaiting her results from the regular test Monday. I went Tuesday and got tested, my dad went Wednesday and got tested. None of us feel sick or have symptoms.
You already have enough "on your plate". I don't think the Fates or God would dare give you Covid, too
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’m glad your guys’ symptoms aren’t too severe! Hopefully you’re all feeling better soon!

My husband is a letter carrier, last week they had two days where everyone was sent home because someone at their depot tested positive for COVID. All of the supervisors in his area had to quarantine. I have so much anxiety about him being at work lately. It’s been made even worse today, the 8th person at his depot got their positive result last night. All the employees were given a notice that the depot will be deep cleaned (for the 3rd time in 2 weeks) tonight. Collyn was all...this person who tested positive was here yesterday, and the deep clean is happening tonight? All 4 waves of letter carriers have been through the depot already today.........

I hate how Canada Post is dealing with this whole thing. Collyn has to work, we need the money, I can’t find work...the competition for positions is insane right now. It’s all basically just a sucky year. A sucky year of suckage.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I hope all of you feel better soon.

I've already had someone I went to high school with, die from it....and it was very fast...just a few days after he started to feel 'flue like' symptoms. He was a wonderful person, both he and his brother were so Funny, and so respected in this town. I feel so bad for his brother. They use to do a lot of community work together...even did a lot of work their selves in building a church for one of the outlying areas here....about a 20 miles from town, so those in that area didn't have to make the drive into town, especially during the winter. He was about 2 years older than me.

I have another friend, a good friend, who had it, she's my age 57, and she recovered pretty quickly, but said that while the 'worst of it was over' she still feels a little tired...more so than she did before getting it...and her doctor told her that could continue, possibly for some months to come.

My best friend, four people in her family got it, one of her sisters got it, but no one else in that sister's family....but another sisters 3 kids got it....yet their parents didn't.

So it's weird how it jumps around....the two brothers...they use to go to breakfast with each other almost every morning...worked in the same business they co owned...but one got it and the other one didn't. Same with my best friend's siblings' families...some caught it and others in the same household didn't.

Take care, and I hope everyone recovers without any issues.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

My husband tested negative today, but I still tested positive. Fun times!
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Got my test result back today, it’s positive. I started displaying symptoms December 25th and got tested December 26th. So what did Santa bring me for Christmas? Coronavirus.

I think I caught it from my younger brother (who also tested positive) who got it from one of his team mates. At least I’m fairly sure I didn’t have it whilst I was still at work so that’s a plus. Feeling ok, had a fever and body soreness initially and now have a slight cough but otherwise I’m ok. Just sucks to miss so many work hours but what can you do, health comes first, my own and other people’s.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I am home tending to my wife. I had a cold before Christmas but just the congestion then she got more severe symptoms so we got tested and she’s positive, mine came negative. So here we are chilling and hiding from the world for a few weeks. She’s resting but on the mend.
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Sending my best wishes your way Andrew, I hope your wife recovers quickly and that Alice can stay healthy too!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago I am home tending to my wife. I had a cold before Christmas but just the congestion then she got more severe symptoms so we got tested and she’s positive, mine came negative. So here we are chilling and hiding from the world for a few weeks. She’s resting but on the mend.
I hope your wife recovers quickly!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED