My first feel good event of 2021 : )

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

My first feel good event of 2021 : )

Post by Stormy Peak »

I live in Idaho, and recently at night, the temps have been between 1 above to 6 above zero. (-17 to -14 C ).
I went down town, around 1 pm, and got back around 4pm, the temps at that point were around 25 degrees (almost -4C )
We also have had several snowstorms in the past week, with one two nights ago being Really bad as far as the wind blowing and the snow falling.

As I pulled into my driveway I saw a small black and white kitten in front of my porch step. It quickly staggered off as I pulled up. When I got out of the car, I could hear it just constantly meowing, and it was hiding behind a horizontal plank fence.

I went into the house and grabbed a pinch of cat food and put it on a small paper plate and went outside and over to the fence where the kitten on the other side was just walking back and forth and constantly meowing. I rattled the food in the plate, and duplicated it meow, along with a 'Come here sweetie, come here kitty kitty' and the little thing got brave enough to slide back between the plank slates and hesitantly came towards me. I put the plate down and the little thing almost vacuumed up the few bits of cat food. I carefully picked it up and took it inside, and put it in my bathroom, with another very small pinch of cat food and a warm bowl of water. The kitten was literally skin and bone....very weak, laid down on the bathroom floor to eat the 5 or 6 bits of cat food I put in front of it.

Then I called the humane society...and they told me to go ahead and take it directly to one of the vets in town and they would square things up with the vet later on. So I took the kitten to my vet. I told my vet that I gave the kitten about 8 to 10 pieces of cat food, and some warm water, but was afraid to feed it anymore than that, because I didn't want the dry kibble to swell up in it's belly and plug things up. My vet was glad I did just that...and didn't let it just pig out on a bunch of cat food.

She said the kitten probably only had about a day or two left to live, given how skinny it was, and how cold it was outside. She's also amazed that nothing had eaten it yet. We have foxes, coyotes, owls, hawks and eagles here...and farm dogs. I live about a mile outside of town.

Anyway, the little black and white tuxedo kitten is in a warm safe place tonight...will be feed a little soft canned kitten food and be dewormed and eventually spayed. My vet loves black and white tuxedos and she said she might end up adopting the kitten herself : )

Also, a not too long ago I found a black baby bunny in my yard...also shivering with cold and it didn't run when I walked up to it. I took that bunny to my vet's too. The bunny was adopted, and now lives in a home with another bunny for a friend. No rabbit cage life for it. I guess everyone in the vet's office fell in love with the little guy...and they made sure it wasn't going to end up on someone's dinner plate...or spending it's life, in a wire floor cage outside.

I'm just glad that kitten was smart enough, or desperate enough to come to me, the vet guessed that it was a bit over 2 months old - and she asked me to keep an eye out for any siblings and to not hesitate in bringing them to her...even without getting the humane society's permission in regards to who was going to pay.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000