coping with covid, good news from different places

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

coping with covid, good news from different places

Post by Noel Collins »

so I thought we could use a fun thread of how our communities or states are dealing with covid in a fun, good, community building way.

I'll start it off with one from my state. I live in Minnesota. While this isn't my city this is about five hours away up near the Canadian border. they started with two outdoor rinks on a river. then they connected them. them they just kept going. its normal to us up here to skate outdoors on frozen lakes, rivers, and areas we like to flood in our yards. Ive even seen kids skate down the middle of the road after freezing rain.
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/01/2 ... -neighbors
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Re: coping with covid, good news from different places

Post by Amy Bahama »

My state isn't coping with covid. We are at the mercy of a governor dictator. No good news from Pennsylvania. Lots of people losing jobs, people unable to have necessary operations, places closed down, kids getting watered down educations, etc.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

(My pup is from Minnesota, just outside of St. Cloud!!)

Anywayyyy the absolute BEST thing I’ve seen here is a restaurant that gives away free meals every day to low income or unemployed people/families. They have been doing it since the start of Covid and have continued to do it since. No questions asked.

https://fb.watch/3jZm3CRw0N/
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

One of my best friends lives in downtown Philly. She just got laid off and her husband was a couple months ago. She hasn't had much good to say out of there.
If I find Pennsylvania good I will post it up. She was going camping, like way out there be bears! camping when the weather was better.

ROchele, St CLoud is about an hour from me. Let me know if you come back for another pup and we can hit the harness track north of Minneapolis or the thoroughbred/QH one south of the cities.