Pets of the SIMverse

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brooke Ketron
Miler

Pets of the SIMverse

Post by Brooke Ketron »

I have a long, stressful work day ahead of me. So, naturally I am looking for distractions. I know you have pets and I want to see them! Dogs, cats, snakes, fish, bunnies, pigs...all of it.

Only fair that I share mine too - here are my sweet boys. Rowdy is the English Bulldog and Koda is the pit/Catahoula mix. I apologize in advance for not resizing this picture before, but now you get a better view of their cute faces.

Okay, your turn!

Last edited by Brooke Ketron 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Pets of the SIMverse

Post by Stormy Peak »

You forgot names : )

I will post mine later today, need to do some other things first.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

So, we have quite the menagerie at my house and you're about to get spammed with pics of my main man Indy <3 but I'll save him for last:

This is Terra, our Beagle/Chocolate Lab mix:

This is Presto, the animal shelter described him as a cattle dog mix, but I consider him more as a terrier mix. He was a year old in this pic, the day we adopted him. He's almost 3 now:

This is the baby, Nova is half Huskey/Lab-something-something mix. She's 7 months old now:

This is Violet, she's my Tennessee Walking Horse mare, she'll be 18 next month and this pic was taken at our last show back in May of 2012:

This is Indy, my Tennessee Walking Horse gelding. He's in training as a trail mount and is a brat in every sense of the word haha We call him such names as The Golden Child, The Brat Child, and Fabio:
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Meet Donut. 6mo, Great Pyrenees, the most fluffy, happiest in the snow, way too smart for her own good.

LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Brooke Ketron
Miler

Post by Brooke Ketron »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago You forgot names : )

Stormy
Whoops! I edited my initial post, but Rowdy is the bulldog and Koda is the pit mix on the right.

@Fanta - Your crew is so freaking PRETTY! Nova's ears give me serious cute aggression.

@Laura - I swore I was going to name my bulldog Donut! I loooove Pyrenees - such great dogs. Her little side tongue is my fav!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Brooke Ketron wrote: 3 years ago @Laura - I swore I was going to name my bulldog Donut! I loooove Pyrenees - such great dogs. Her little side tongue is my fav!
Haha, she was teething at the time. It was pretty great.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Brooke Ketron wrote: 3 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago You forgot names : )

Stormy
Whoops! I edited my initial post, but Rowdy is the bulldog and Koda is the pit mix on the right.

@Fanta - Your crew is so freaking PRETTY! Nova's ears give me serious cute aggression.

@Laura - I swore I was going to name my bulldog Donut! I loooove Pyrenees - such great dogs. Her little side tongue is my fav!
You have NOOOOO idea how excited I was that she got the Huskey ears and not the Lab ears haha I'll have to post a pic of her when they were just starting to stand up when I get home from work ❤

Your dogs are so beautiful!
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I never miss an opportunity to post photos of my darlings... ;)

This is my horse, True Fighter (Thure). He is a standardbred trotter. I've bred him myself, I had his mother for over 20 years (miss her enomously)

... so I couldn't resist post a photo of her and Thure as a foal to... <3 Thornaby Pride ("Stollan") and Thure

And the family's cat, Allan. - in a very common position- sleeping on his back. I brought him and his brother Glenn home from work when their breeder had passed away. Unfortunately Glenn didn't get along with our neighbors cat, so we had to find another home for him.

Allan and Glenn
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Sorry the photos are so large. :P

This is my cat Song. Her photo from the animal shelter, and then later on with me. She was 2 years old when I adopted her, she's now about 7 years old : )

This is AU, my golden retriever...AU, is the symbol for gold (Au) on the periodic table of elements.
Him as a puppy, then later grown up...and in the last photo, 1/2 grown and being a twerp. Twerp is his official nickname.

This is Jaya. She's pretty much feral. I adopted her when she was around 5 1/2 to 6 years old, she's now around 11 or 12. She has come a long way in learning to trust me...she eats from my hand and no longer gets up and runs if I walk to close to her, but she still won't allow me to reach out an pet her. She's also very hard to photograph too. She is hyper aware of stuff going on around her and as soon as she seems me pointing a camera/kindle her direction...she turns away or moves.

After having Jaya for some months, I adopted a mentally handicapped golden retriever I named HaHa. HaHa was 2 years old when I adopted him, almost starved to death, due to tummy troubles. But I managed to work with him and he went from that wispy, almost see through, looking dog to the gorgeous boy in the photo below. He became Jaya's anchor in life...she learned that she need not be in fear of everything. This was their first photo photo together.

Unfortunately, I lost HaHa to cancer when he was 5 years old. AU, came to me some 7 months later, and he took over HaHa's role in being Jaya's steadfast companion.

HaHa...looking healthy and gorgeous.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I just wrote a whole long novel of an email to someone who wants to adopt some of my somewhat feral cats. Getting them to trust you is SO REWARDING but man it takes a long time. I love it, but it's not for everyone.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I just wrote a whole long novel of an email to someone who wants to adopt some of my somewhat feral cats. Getting them to trust you is SO REWARDING but man it takes a long time. I love it, but it's not for everyone.
I hope they take the chance on the somewhat feral cats. You are right it is very rewarding to gain the trust of an animal who has never had to trust a human. I got to experience this with Jaya, but also with my cat Kayla.

Kayla was super abused by her former owners - it took almost 2 years before she was comfortable enough, brave enough, and trusting enough to climb up onto my chest and to relax and fall asleep for the first time. I remember tears going down my face as I tried not to do anything to wake her and being so proud of her for being able to trust me so much. It's really a special feeling.
She even got to the point where she slept most of the night on me and would allow me to pet her to, and even touch her tail...which was a huge 'no no' trigger thing for her when she first started to allow me to pet her.

Jaya's made my heart swell with joy and pride for her too over the years. It's wonderful to see a dog go from being in almost constant fear to one who's relaxed and not running away every time I shifted in a chair or got up to move about the house.

Again... I hope that adoption goes through and that the new owners will be chill about letting the cats take the time they need to return any affection...some might never do so, but most probably will...even if it takes some years to get there.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I just wrote a whole long novel of an email to someone who wants to adopt some of my somewhat feral cats. Getting them to trust you is SO REWARDING but man it takes a long time. I love it, but it's not for everyone.
Indeed. I had a cat (Penguin) in Scotland ages ago that I adopted after it had been trapped at a construction site. First day she threw herself at the windows because she'd never seen glass. Then a year - a YEAR - of sitting on the floor with her under the sofa, under the bookcase, behind the washing machine - all with a plate of tuna fish next to me. Eventually she would come and take a bite and run, then over time she'd agree to put her head under my hand to get her tuna. Months and months before she would come out and sleep near me, but not let me touch her. Then all of a sudden, it was like she'd been a lap cat her whole life. So worth it.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

We've got dogs, horses, cats...but these guys are probably the most 'cheery-uppy' right now.

Imagecats by Summer Kenesson, on Flickr
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Erin Erskine
Miler

Post by Erin Erskine »

We need more threads like this one!

This girl's my 7 year old Irish Sport Horse, Bella! I've had her a little over two years. And even though she comes with her complications, I love her to bits, she's got the sweetest personality

And then we have my [family] cat, Púca (Irish for Ghost), who we adopted after losing both out family pets last year (2020 was the worse).
Púca, also nicknamed Spooks, us about 10 months old, and we adopted her from a local rescue. She's a total queen

And these are the so loved family members we lost last year. Can never stop missing them. Kari, our cat who we owned for 13 years, and Tyko, our dog who we have for 14 years. Both of them were hands down one in a million..
Image Image
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

This is my majestic cat, Fester, affectionately known as Chunk Daddy...you’ll see why. He’s absolutely not photogenic like most of your pets and is a total goofball but somehow I still love him.
Post bath Chunk Daddy
Perplexed Chunk Daddy
yeah