Having to sell my piano : (

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Having to sell my piano : (

Post by Stormy Peak »

I didn't think it was going to hurt so much. : (

I put my piano up for sale, I need the money and also need to space.
I haven't been able to play it for years - my fingers on my right hand have nerve damage, from a bad accident in the late 80's that crushed my 3 middle fingers. My fingers never really were the same after that...and as the years have rolled on, it seems like my fingers got worse, not responding like they should. I also gave up playing my mandolin due to the weakness and slowed response in my right hand fingers.

I have an antique desk my dad gave me, and it too has a lot of sentimental value for me, and is also worth a lot more than the piano. And, it's something I can actually use...be a nice place to sit and go through household bills and such, rather than at my kitchen table as I do now. it's been in our store's building since I quit working...and now that the store is closed, I do need to get it out of there. I have no where in my home where that desk will fit, other than where the piano sits.

So...the piano needs to go. But wow...I feel like I'm saying good by to a beloved pet or something. I worked a lot of years to save up for that piano...was in my early 30's when I finally fulfilled my dreams and took piano lessons and learned how to play.
So, yeah, I got attached to it.... I love that piano and don't want to let it go...but like I said, it needs done. I just hope it goes to a good home and not someone who wants to use it for parts. It's an older upright grand. Schuman circa 1890

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Having to sell my piano : (

Post by Art K Stables »

Good luck with the piano, keyboards being so light in weight now, its hard to get someone to take it away even for free with the weight of it, but I hope you get something for it