Something different

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Something different

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

My two cats have been cast in a film, and yesterday was the first day of shooting their scenes. Neither the cats nor I have done anything like this before and while it was fun it was much more difficult than I imagined! I forgot that the space in frame on most shots is really small and full of actors, equipement, and crew. I am supposed to get the cat in there and get him to "act" without being freaked out by all the chaos-yeah right. At one point the director told me "when I say the code word the cat runs to you offstage" and I just laughed and thought "good luck with that one buddy, cat's gonna run where the cat wants to run...if he runs at all".

In the end things worked out and they got all of their first day's footage done by 2pm. Saturday is the last day and has their big "stunt" scene, where one of them has to drink something from a bowl the actor gives them. Fingers crossed.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Something different

Post by The Steward »

Are you living my dream life or something!?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Cool what's the film called?
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Emily Mitchell wrote: 3 years ago Cool what's the film called?
Saigu. It's being done by one of the local university's cinema programs, so most of the crew are college seniors and I am the granny on set. They are writing/producing/directing and plan to release it on the film festival circuit, having done that before with a couple of others.

The plot is that a young African American man gets injured and takes refuge in a Korean-owned convenience store during the LA riots where he meets the owner and owner's niece. The cat lives in the store, and interacts with the characters in various ways.

Or, at least the PLAN is that the cat will do this. Right now the er...actors that play the cat are threatening to strike because they got loose, ran around in my neighbor's junkyard, and earned themselves baths.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Lol, gotta love Siamese! I hope the film makes it to the Toronto festival, I’ll try to remember the title.