I laughed today at BMW couple vs Old Rancher

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

I laughed today at BMW couple vs Old Rancher

Post by Stormy Peak »

We have a Subway here that sits on the corner of our main street and a little used side street. The parking area is accessed from the side street, and parking has only about 6 spots, all with cement stops and all perpendicular to the entrance - the lines that are painted on the pavement are a bit faded and dirty from winter, but still clearly visible.

When I pulled in, there was 1 BMW parked there...at a slant...taking up not only their space, but also some of the space to their right. I pulled in on their left, and parked straight...this puts their front drivers-side bumper pretty close to my front passenger-side bumper. There is a man sitting in the BMW.

I go in and the woman had yet to start ordering...so they obviously got there no more than a minute or so from the time I did.
She orders, and as her protein bowl is being heated, the only server there begins my order....a ham and swiss sub. As her bowl comes out of the oven, and my sub goes in, I see a old beat up pickup truck park straight into the parking spot to the right of the BMW...so that the trucks back left panel area is within inches of the back bumper of that car that is actually intruding inside that particular spot the truck tucked into....lol.

I know the old man...lol... he's about 70 years old, a real cowboy/ranch owner...and tough as nails...he's tall, wiry looking, and at his age could still probably beat the tar out of most 20 year old tough guys. He has this self satisfied look on his face as he meets my gaze and said hello. I said hello back to him. He didn't greet the woman.

The lady paid for her stuff, and walked out as I was getting my veggies on my sub, and just as I was paying for it, she walks back in, and in an irritated voice says.
"Will the owner of the pick up truck please move it so we can get out?"

The old man says "I'll move it in a few minutes, after my sandwich is made and paid for"
She says, "You have blocked us in, and we can't back out"
He says, "Well, maybe next time you will learn to park straight"

She was Ticked! But all she could do was spin around and go outside and sit in the car.

When I left, I could see they still couldn't get out, as they had parked too close to the cement stop to get any forward movement to maneuver the car but an inch or two. They were going to have to wait for the old rancher to back out. lol.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Re: I laughed today at BMW couple vs Old Rancher

Post by Ashley Hunt »

😂😂😂 I've wanted to do that a few times!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

hahaha
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

I would have keyed the BMW.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I thought it was funny that the BMW people put their own selves into that situation.

Sure, when they pulled in, they were probably the only car there...but geesh the place only has like 6 parking spots and in only
about 3 or 4 minutes - 3 vehicles were there...with the BMW obnoxiously using their own spot, plus a part of another spot.
A smaller business like that needs all the spaces used properly, just in case they do get a rush of customers. It's a loss for the business if spots can't be used due to some knuckle head who can't park straight.

That rancher's truck was so beat up, he didn't mind taking the risk that they might try to back out and scuff his truck with their back bumper...and he kind of knew they probably wouldn't risk it anyways as their fancier car could end up damaged...but one never knows - BMW drivers often don't seem to be the brightest ones out there ;) :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I’ve been that rancher. Many times.
;p