UK Citizens...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

UK Citizens...

Post by Stormy Peak »

I woke up this morning and read that your Prince Philip passed away. My sympathies to your country.

He seemed like a likable person, and coming from an age where men were suppose to be dominate over women, he probably had a hard learning curve in having to adjust to the idea that his wife, after she became queen, meant he had to behave in a certain way around her...walking a few steps behind her and also in not having their children take on his last name. I have over the decades seen him on news reports and such and he did seem to have a sense of humor...and for me, one of the more memorable funny moments with him in it was a balcony scene were he obviously tooted...and there is a series of photos showing the after reactions of those around him...as he smirked and his sons tried not to laugh and the Queen had an exasperated look on her face...like one does when dealing with mischievous kids.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/277956608226149288/

I have read that he often joked and made people around him laugh...but too...sometime his jokes were a little off color...which can also make some people laugh. He also did a lot of good things in heading charities and restoration projects through out the UK and the world.

Again, sorry to hear about his passing, but he did have a long and interesting life, and I believe he was well liked by the citizens of the UK, most who probably have never known life without the current Queen and her consort as part of their country's make up.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: UK Citizens...

Post by The Steward »

I don't know if he's still reading the forum, but Vincent was upset this morning. The family is obviously well revered.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

I saw video of his driving teams of horses. he and the Queen are some pretty amazing equestrians.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

The passing of a great man is always a loss to the world.