Happy Mother’s Day!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Happy Mother’s Day!

Post by Rochelle Bos »

To the North American (AND everywhere else, embrace it! Multiple Mom days 🤣) Mama’s in the SIM 🥰

KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Happy Mother’s Day!

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago To the North American (AND everywhere else, embrace it! Multiple Mom days 🤣) Mama’s in the SIM 🥰

Happy Mother's Day!!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Those horses are CUTE!

My mom had cancer and after fighting it for a few years, she passed away Feb. 4th 1997 and her mom March 4th, 1997. It was like Grandma was hanging on waiting to see her daughter laid to rest first before she finally quit fighting her own illness. No one thought Grandma was going to outlive my mom, because my Grandma had been sick and very weak for a few years.

They are buried next to each other, and in the next half hour or so, today, my sister and I will go tidy up their graves, wash the memorial stones and put some new silk flowers into the small inset cement vases.
My Grandma loved yellow roses and my mom loved any color peony : )

If you have a mom and she's still around and you love her...let her know : )
And if you love her but are arguing about trivial stuff...think about if that's the last thing, last feelings you wish to have with her , if suddenly something happened and she was no longer around.

My mom and I...we loved each other, but often didn't see eye to eye on some things. However, most of that was water under the bridge by the time she passed so I am mostly left with all the good memories and feelings. It's been long enough that the real pain of missing her not longer hurts like it did, and it's good to have all those wonderful memories and smile rather than with tears.

I hope you all have a fine Mother's Day and can celebrate it with her in safety, given this pandemic.
I have some friends who got their shots and a few of them were able to see their own parents recently after not being able to do so for almost a year : )

So I think, in that regard, this year's Mother's Day has been an extra special one for a lot of people.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I’m sorry to hear you lost your mom and your grandmother so soon after one another Stormy. And I’m sorry too that your mother had to battle cancer, I have worked on a cancer ward and I’ve seen first hand how difficult it is for everyone involved. May they both rest in peace now.

Lots of love and best wishes to anyone here on the SIM who is a mom themselves ❤️
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thanks Carole.

The sun was shining rather nicely when we went up to the cemetery, but the wind was blowing COLD...whew...still shivering!
But we got the area tidied up and put up the flower displays.

My mom and grandma were both wonderful women. My grandma was tough as nails and funny as the day is long.

My mom... : ) She aged, but never got old....always loved listening to whatever music the teens were into, and even though we we poor, until my dad's business started doing well in the mid 1970s....my family always took in kids who's own family life might not be so great....all of them were friends of my older brother or sister. Sometimes they would stay the night, sometimes they stayed for a year or more. But my mom...became "Mom" to all of them....they called her mom and for a few of them, she was the only mom, or at least, the only loving mom they ever knew.

My niece, Shantel, will be having a baby in June...so she and her boyfriend are doing some early Mother's Day celebrations. He's took her out to a nice lunch and tonight, for his own mom...they will be going out for dinner. It's really weird thinking about my niece being a mom....wow time flies...she's 24 now, but I still think she should be like 16 lol.

Stormy : )
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000