Glass half empty/glass half full

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sophie O'connor
Two Year Old

Glass half empty/glass half full

Post by Sophie O'connor »

Glass half empty: I’m a college runner (division 3, I’m not too fast lol) that got diagnosed with a pelvic stress fracture today, gotta be on crutches for a month. No real explanation, just randomly appeared after very little running. Means I don’t get to work on a farm prepping yearlings this summer, which is devastating for me.

Glass half full: you’ll see a lot more of me on the sim as a coping mechanism :lol:

(This isn’t meant to be a pity party, just felt like venting)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Glass half empty/glass half full

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Sounds like you’re taking it all in stride! May you have a speedy recovery!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago Sounds like you’re taking it all in stride! May you have a speedy recovery!
LOL... maybe not in stride...but with a wobbly crutches walk :P

Sophie, sorry this happened to you, a word of caution if you are taking a lot of ibuprofen.
About 20 years ago I read that stuff dries up joints and stops bone growth which can lead to weak bone and microfractures that don't heal.

I was about a year away from back surgery and in pain and taking 2 or 3 a day...and after I read about that study... I decided to stop taking so much....only like 1 every other day or so...when I Really needed some pain relief. In about 3 days...something happened that I didn't expect.

My left knee for some time had given me problems. I would wake up in the morning and if it was bent...I would just grit my teeth and S L O W L Y have to straighten it out as there was so much pain. Once I got up and got moving around though my knee never hurt. But 3 days after stopping the ibuprofen...I woke up and my knee was bent but it straightened out so easily, no pain, no effort. My back didn't benefit much from stopping the use of that medicine...but that was a disk issue...that finally blew and required surgery.

Again, if you are using it.. you might want to check with your doctor or do your own research. It's been 20 years since I read that study and I can't remember how long a person can take larger doses before the drying out of joints and stuff starts to happen. I just know when I cut way back on it my knee quit having that feeling that little chunky rocks were in the joint when I tried to straighten it every morning. :)

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Sophie O'connor
Two Year Old

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago Sounds like you’re taking it all in stride! May you have a speedy recovery!
LOL... maybe not in stride...but with a wobbly crutches walk :P

Sophie, sorry this happened to you, a word of caution if you are taking a lot of ibuprofen.
About 20 years ago I read that stuff dries up joints and stops bone growth which can lead to weak bone and microfractures that don't heal.

I was about a year away from back surgery and in pain and taking 2 or 3 a day...and after I read about that study... I decided to stop taking so much....only like 1 every other day or so...when I Really needed some pain relief. In about 3 days...something happened that I didn't expect.

My left knee for some time had given me problems. I would wake up in the morning and if it was bent...I would just grit my teeth and S L O W L Y have to straighten it out as there was so much pain. Once I got up and got moving around though my knee never hurt. But 3 days after stopping the ibuprofen...I woke up and my knee was bent but it straightened out so easily, no pain, no effort. My back didn't benefit much from stopping the use of that medicine...but that was a disk issue...that finally blew and required surgery.

Again, if you are using it.. you might want to check with your doctor or do your own research. It's been 20 years since I read that study and I can't remember how long a person can take larger doses before the drying out of joints and stuff starts to happen. I just know when I cut way back on it my knee quit having that feeling that little chunky rocks were in the joint when I tried to straighten it every morning. :)

Stormy
Thanks for the advice! They thought it was tendonitis so they have me on a round of steroids, so no need for ibuprofen at the moment lol. hoping the pain clears up quick enough that I don’t need to supplement with ibuprofen after the steroid dose is done, fingers crossed. That’s pretty amazing how fast your knee joint cleared up, I’ll keep it in mind!

And yes, very wobbly crutches, I haven’t used them before now :lol:
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Reason number 35756 why I only run if I’m being chased by lions 🤣

Speedy healing! At least non displaced fractures don’t tend to give much trouble when they’ve healed. The time will fly.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Sophie O'connor
Two Year Old

Cleo Patra wrote: 2 years ago Reason number 35756 why I only run if I’m being chased by lions 🤣

Speedy healing! At least non displaced fractures don’t tend to give much trouble when they’ve healed. The time will fly.
Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself :lol:

Thanks! I'm glad I found the Sim before I got injured, it will help pass the time :D