Just got my wisdom teeth out!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Just got my wisdom teeth out!

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Hurts like crazy lol
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Just got my wisdom teeth out!

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Oh man, I can relate!! I got mine out in 2015, glad it was a one-time experience lol
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

All 4 of them ?

Mine all grew in 1 at a time, and they were pulled one at a time. All also had very shallow roots, one even moved a bit because it wasn't set into the jaw very deep. It was like 2 years between the 1st one being pulled and the last one being pulled.

I don't recall much pain...probably because of the shallow roots, but also because I would get one pulled and it would be 4 to 6 months before another grew in, and then was removed....so what pain there was, was just in one corner of my jaw.

I do remember feeling like I really was an adult for having the wisdom teeth come in...lol.

Hope the pain doesn't last too long.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago All 4 of them ?

Mine all grew in 1 at a time, and they were pulled one at a time. All also had very shallow roots, one even moved a bit because it wasn't set into the jaw very deep. It was like 2 years between the 1st one being pulled and the last one being pulled.

I don't recall much pain...probably because of the shallow roots, but also because I would get one pulled and it would be 4 to 6 months before another grew in, and then was removed....so what pain there was, was just in one corner of my jaw.

I do remember feeling like I really was an adult for having the wisdom teeth come in...lol.

Hope the pain doesn't last too long.

Stormy
Yeah all 4 of them but rn i literally cant eat anything cause it hurts lol
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Oof, hope you heal up quick!

I need all 4 of mine out SOOO badly, but Medicaid doesn't cover it cause it's dental :roll: and there's a reason I'm on Medicaid AKA I can't afford it. Was supposed to have them out about 3 or 4 years ago (I had dental insurance at the time) then got a call the day before that even with the insurance I'd owe $1,400 that'd have to be paid in full that day, no way I could dream of affording that on a days notice. Now all of my wisdom teeth are kinda in, the top ones are way off to the side and cut my cheek all the time but overall not bad, whatever I can deal with that, the bottom ones though are impacted pretty good they haven't come in much, they just bleed a lot and every month or so all of them hurt like hell for a few days to a week then go back to not bugging me to much but man it is frustrating cause there's nothing I can do about it.

Maybe I could ask my vet when she comes to do Patriot's teeth? :lol:
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Jo Ferris wrote: 2 years ago Oof, hope you heal up quick!

I need all 4 of mine out SOOO badly, but Medicaid doesn't cover it cause it's dental :roll: and there's a reason I'm on Medicaid AKA I can't afford it. Was supposed to have them out about 3 or 4 years ago (I had dental insurance at the time) then got a call the day before that even with the insurance I'd owe $1,400 that'd have to be paid in full that day, no way I could dream of affording that on a days notice. Now all of my wisdom teeth are kinda in, the top ones are way off to the side and cut my cheek all the time but overall not bad, whatever I can deal with that, the bottom ones though are impacted pretty good they haven't come in much, they just bleed a lot and every month or so all of them hurt like hell for a few days to a week then go back to not bugging me to much but man it is frustrating cause there's nothing I can do about it.

Maybe I could ask my vet when she comes to do Patriot's teeth? :lol:
Thank you! Also I hope you are able to get yours out soon. It is very sad that you can't even get a basic medical procedure done because of healthcare not being more accesible. Hopefully soon that will change!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Zach Wentzel wrote: 2 years ago

Ice cream? Hope you are feeling better soon. :(
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Lori Hamill wrote: 2 years ago
Zach Wentzel wrote: 2 years ago

Ice cream? Hope you are feeling better soon. :(
No dairy for 24 hours lol all i've ate today was apple sauce pudding and italian ice
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

My favorite story of surgery stuff is that I had all four wisdom teeth out and it was bad. I mean it was gruesome for days. But I also had a fracture in my foot at the same time and while the painkillers didn't seem to help my face at all, I never felt pain in my foot again!

(Until I broke it again a year later but I digress)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I had all 4 of mine removed in my early 20's. They were severely impacted, turned sideways and the roots went wayyyyyyyy down. Had to go into the hospital for the surgery. They had to cut them into pieces to remove. My mouth was sore for several days, but it wasn't too bad. I do remember the surgeon was a good looking son of a gun! :)
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED