So, How is your Friday the 13th going?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

So, How is your Friday the 13th going?

Post by Stormy Peak »

Mine started out at 8 am this morning.

I let AU and Jaya outside and about 10 minutes later called them to come back in...Jaya came running around the corner of the house, up the porch and into the house...which was strange, as she's old and AU usually beats her to the door by a good distance.

Then comes AU...he's walking with his head low...and as he gets closer, I see he has a ton of drool coming out of his mouth.
I started down the porch steps...scared of what was happening....then...

the

Stench

Hit.

WHOOEEE .... AU had be skunked !!!

I wasn't even off the porch and he was still about 5 feet from me and I was just about knocked off my feet. I turned and went into the house, filled a gallon pitcher with water and went outside and poured if over his muzzle and around his flews to help get the drool and a little of the stuff out of his mouth. Then left him outside and drove into town to buy some skunk odor elimination spray.

I went to a local farm and ranch store for it...but they didn't have the kind that said it could actually be spray directly on the dog, like a product I've used in the past could used. I bought it anyways...then drove to my vets office to see if she had anything...they had only what they used in the clinic...but offered to wash AU down in it.

So...had to go back home... It's 3 miles to get from my home into town by the way. I took the stuff I bought at the farm and ranch and figured, AU's fur was thick enough I could spray him to cut back the smell...and it wouldn't get to his skin...and I was amazed at how well that product worked. I figured he was going to get a bath shortly anyways...so it should be safe enough.

So, another trip into town...hand "Stinky" over to the vet tech...with a lot of apologies. :P
And I go back home...and wait for the call. I had to take AU from the back yard through the living room to the front door when I took him to the vet, so once home, I sprayed down the flooring in that area with that spray I bought...and it helped a lot with the smell in the house too.

The stuff is called Scout's Honor - Odor Eliminator if anyone ever needs a product that kills smells...it says it works on all kinds of odor.

Anyway...the call came to go get AU... which I do and bring him back. By now, it's Noon... and I still hadn't feed the dogs, or the cat, nor cleaned the kitty litter box, or had breakfast. Plus I put about 18 miles on my car driving in and out of town :P

How's your day going? LOL

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: So, How is your Friday the 13th going?

Post by Gwayne's World »

Hadn't dawned on me until you mentioned it. Thanks a lot! So it goes in retirement. Not knowing what time it is, let alone the day of the week?
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

My mental/emotional health hasn't been so great recently, but today I actually feel pretty content... I dare say I even feel happy. So, it's a good Friday the 13th for me 😊
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Gwayne's World wrote: ↑2 years ago Hadn't dawned on me until you mentioned it. Thanks a lot! So it goes in retirement. Not knowing what time it is, let alone the day of the week?
I've been on disability since 2014...I have the same problem some days. :P
Lily Wilkins wrote: ↑2 years ago My mental/emotional health hasn't been so great recently, but today I actually feel pretty content... I dare say I even feel happy. So, it's a good Friday the 13th for me 😊
I'm glad you are having a good day, today, Lily, and I hope you continue to have many many more.

Hearing that you are having a good day, cheers me up.
I have spent about 4 1/2 decades battling depression...and I learned to cherish my good days. : )
Even today, with all the stuff I had to go through with AU...it didn't bring me down...as I try very hard to find humor in life.

For the near future...AU's nick name of 'The Twerp' is being set aside and being replaced with 'Stinky' lol.
I wish I could hug him (but he still smells bad) and tell him he's a good dog, in spite all all the trouble's he's caused.

He's around 4 or 5 years old now, and this is his 1st skunk encounter....it could have been worse, way worse...I had one dog, once who would get skunked several times a year...every year and he lived to be 16 years old. :P

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Mine ended with a rattlesnake, aka a GIANT NOPE ROPE.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The Steward wrote: ↑2 years ago Mine ended with a rattlesnake, aka a GIANT NOPE ROPE.
You Win!
*shudders*

Snakes in my area of Idaho don't scare me...unless they are rattlers.

Hope no people or pets were injured.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

The Steward wrote: ↑2 years ago Mine ended with a rattlesnake, aka a GIANT NOPE ROPE.
And what were you and the rattlesnake doing? Where do you two meet at? How did it end?
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Darcy McBride wrote: ↑2 years ago
And what were you and the rattlesnake doing? Where do you two meet at? How did it end?
I was on one side of the cat rescue mesh, it was curled up against the other. We surprised each other. Inches apart, but it couldn't have gotten me through the wire. Still, that noise is unmistakeable and terrifying, and I only have one light out there at night! All the fire departments in the area were closed for the night but they all said to call 911, sure enough a big giant fire truck pulled up outside the house and they popped in and picked up the snake, who at that point had been rattling for nearly 30 min as I dithered around near it unsure what to do.

It was a big lesson, because this is the first snake I've seen on this property, and even though it's a giant DUH, I was still kind of hopeful that there just... weren't any?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

The Steward wrote: ↑2 years ago
Darcy McBride wrote: ↑2 years ago
I was on one side of the cat rescue mesh, it was curled up against the other. We surprised each other. Inches apart, but it couldn't have gotten me through the wire. Still, that noise is unmistakeable and terrifying, and I only have one light out there at night! All the fire departments in the area were closed for the night but they all said to call 911, sure enough a big giant fire truck pulled up outside the house and they popped in and picked up the snake, who at that point had been rattling for nearly 30 min as I dithered around near it unsure what to do.

It was a big lesson, because this is the first snake I've seen on this property, and even though it's a giant DUH, I was still kind of hopeful that there just... weren't any?
Maybe for your next birthday, we will need to find you one of those miner type hats with the big light on them!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

My niece refers to these as "danger noodles"
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

So my Friday the 13th started on Thursday. Had a meeting with the CEO at my new client. I was super excited to meet with him because the company is going through some growth and getting ready to do something really special. This meeting was a special favor to him, outside the scope of what we are being paid for, and I stayed up late and did a bunch of extra research on my own time, and my associates and I collaborated for about 6 hours on this report for him. Long story short, the guy was/is a complete misogynistic ass. He made smart-mouthed comments throughout the presentation, berated my team and his own staff, and was about as unpleasant as it was possible to be. I finally had enough and lined him out, which was uncomfortable, but he loved it. Sadly, he proceeded to drag the meeting from 90 minutes to almost three hours and kept wanting to spar with me the whole time. Every time I would try to back out, he would just drag me back over the ropes and insist I explain my reasoning, my credentials, etc. Like every 5 minutes. Later, he told one of his staff that the meeting was helpful and he "really enjoyed it". Me? Not so much. I had knots in my stomach and couldn't sleep a wink Thursday night.

Friday I got a message from the same staff member that "the CEO wants you to know that he checked your report with his CEO coach (a male, of course) and that the coach said your recommendations were "mostly really good". Note I have been in this career for more than a quarter century at this point, but never mind. So glad the coach approves. And super appreciative that the CEO finds it necessary to tell me that he's validating all my suggestions with a guy just to be sure. Dickweed. So anyhow, I decided to take the afternoon off and go to Del Mar for the races. 2.5 miles after leaving my house I had made it 20 miles. Literally EVERY road was jammed. I gave up and after a 4.5 hour round-trip wound up back home, where I logged in again and began work on the next round of reports instead.

I don't think I win the prize for the worst day on this thread but among us we have a skunk, a snake, and a pig.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: ↑2 years ago ...................I don't think I win the prize for the worst day on this thread but among us we have a skunk, a snake, and a pig.
Sorry you had to endure all that... but sheesh...that last sentence cracked me up! So glad I wasn't drinking any liquids...or there would have been some major clean up in my computer room.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000