iTunes

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

iTunes

Post by Stormy Peak »

Back around 2008, when I had a computer who's memory was sooo totally crammed, I had to removed several programs from it to run programs I kind of needed, rather than just wanted. iTunes was one of the ones taken off...figured when I got a new computer inside of a year... I would get back into in then.

About that time, my niece...begged me to let her use my iTunes account on her own computer...so I did, with the promise that she did not buy any music off my credit card. She was really good about it and when she did want to buy music, she always called and asked and had the money available to pay for it. (pretty good for a 12 year old)

My niece after about 2 years, set up her own account and told me I could do what I wanted with the songs she had in mine.
I never did put iTunes back onto any of my ? 3 or 4 ? computers since that point. :P

Until today. I had at one point, put all my songs onto CD, as a backup, in alphabetical order -- but about 2 years ago, when I got a car with a CD player...I started to use them...and ended up scratching 2 of them and losing a couple songs on each one. So...today I decided to download iTunes and see if my account still existed. I dreaded doing it...figured it might be a bugger getting back in after all this time.

But, I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to recover an account I haven't accessed since 2008, and it wasn't the huge headache I thought it would be. But too, I now see a lot of (mostly rap) songs...I'm probably going to have to delete. I'll give them a listen first...but at I am glad I was able to recover my account. : )

I haven't burned a CD disk in forever either...so now I'll have to see about recreating the damaged disks.
My car does have a plug in for devices - but I don't own a cellphone, and my iPod quit on me years ago and I don't take my 10 inch Kindle Fire anywhere, unless it's on a long trip where I can listen to a downloaded audio book.
So old fashioned CDs it is : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: iTunes

Post by The Steward »

I used to live and die by iTunes and my iPod. I had a database of 17,000 carefully vetted songs, and once a year went through a no-skip listen of every single song and would adjust both accordingly (removing anything I didn't love anymore). Well Apple kept changing it and changing it, and then announced they would no longer be supporting iTunes entirely. It was PHYSICALLY painful (you don't understand how much I loved this thing) but I finally switched to Spotify and now I'm happy as a clam, plus no syncing!

I just really feel like they shot themselves in the foot there, because I used to buy OODLES of music - think probably more than hundreds per year - and now they get $0 from me and instead and Spotify gets my $10/month.

/vent
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: iTunes

Post by Stormy Peak »

I read on the iTunes site that there is an Apple Catalog...but they will not allow you to burn CDs from that catalog.
I have a little over 1,000 song on my iTunes, and my niece...she looks like she put 400 or so on there.

I'm only up to the "Gs" and have already removed about 30 songs...kept 2 of them that sounded pretty good.

I know my sister uses Spotify for her music...uses her cellphone to play them...via bluetooth speakers in her home.
I've never bothered to ask her...but can it only be accessed if you have an internet connection?

What I use to like about the iPod, and with CDs...is there's no need to be within range of a cellphone tower or internet in order to play the music. We do have some dead spots between my town and any other town or city near by. One of the dead areas lasts for about 40 minutes to an hour and a half...depending upon which mountain pass you're going over. Also our internet service in this town...seems like every month it's down for up to 3 hours total.

Anyway, it's been, so say it kindly... an adventure in listening to what my niece was listening too between the ages of 12 to 14. Geesh...when I was that age, my parents would have grounded us for listening to songs that were so explicit .... if they had them like that back then...lol.

Back around 1973 or 74...I remember the group The Sweet had a song called Ac/Dc...and as our radio station's disk jockey realized it was a song about a bi woman...he yanked the needle off the record...apologized to his radio listeners and promised that song wouldn't be played anymore. Of course, this had all the high school kids out and wanting to buy the album...lol.

That was mild stuff though compared to the language I was hearing on some of those rap songs my niece loaded or bought.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000