Hurricane Ida..and my Boss

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Hurricane Ida..and my Boss

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Reading this and just shaking my head. Most people just say "stay where you are and stay safe". Your boss sounds like a peach!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Louise Bayou wrote: 2 years ago Found out that I don't have power OR water. Which is crazy considering I've never lost water before. My friend's daughter packed up Stitch my dog and went to her Mom's house. Hopefully when I'm able to get back its back on!
Please let us know, if you get a chance, when you are home and safe, Louise. Very glad to hear that Stitch is safe! 🙏
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Isn't there a song, "Take this job and shove it"? I would have laughed at your boss, hung up the phone and not given it another thought. Because that's how I roll.
Fabman Farms - Simmy Awards Won: Y54-Quarter Horse Champion Three Year Old Female - Beena's Gold
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

My daughter is in Walker and they have no power, and my sister-in-law is in Watson with her son they have no power or cell service there. Lots of trees and power lines down but at least they did not flood. As for me I am on the west side of the Atchafalya basin and we did not get any rain and very little rain so high and dry here.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Best bet Louise is find a job in Kentucky lol they are calling for several weeks to get power back.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 2 years ago My daughter is in Walker and they have no power, and my sister-in-law is in Watson with her son they have no power or cell service there. Lots of trees and power lines down but at least they did not flood. As for me I am on the west side of the Atchafalya basin and we did not get any rain and very little rain so high and dry here.
I'm in Watson too! Does your sister in law have water? According to the electric company app there is still 58% of the people in a 5 mile radius without power. Because its so rural and so many trees it may be awhile.

I'm on hold with Southwest now trying to book a flight into Jackson, Ms because I just feel like they are going to cancel the one into NOLA for Thursday and I have to be back for work Friday. The drive from Jackson will only be about 2 1/2-ish hours which isn't bad. And I'm thinking I'll pick up lots of water and possibly a generator there since there seems to be none around Baton Rouge.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

We went and picked up my daughter in Walker today still no idea when power will be back on. As far as Watson still can't communicate with sister-in-law so no idea about water. Except for heavy traffic (per normal for that durn BR area) we saw little damage from the interstate but who knows once you get off of it.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Make sure you get gas cans and fill them up before you hit Louisiana.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Thanks for the rain. It’s coming
;p
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

If you stop and get a generator, make sure you get a carbon monoxide alert if you don't already have one.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Zach Wentzel
Miler

Post by Zach Wentzel »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago Thanks for the rain. It’s coming
Yep here in PA just got sent home from school early and my towns near a river so this might not end well but hopefully it does we already have an inch and it's gonna keep going until 9 pm.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Unfortunately I was dumb and rented a car. I’m hoping I can change it to a suv if possible. That way if I do find a generator I can get it. I’m going to look for a dual fuel kind since propane is much easier to find! Plan on stopping and stocking up on supplies at the closest Walmart in Jackson. Wish me luck!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 2 years ago We went and picked up my daughter in Walker today still no idea when power will be back on. As far as Watson still can't communicate with sister-in-law so no idea about water. Except for heavy traffic (per normal for that durn BR area) we saw little damage from the interstate but who knows once you get off of it.
My best friend went to my house yesterday and was FaceTiming me so that I could see for myself. I had minimal damage with just some flashing missing from the side of the house. And what looks like a bush/small tree on the corner of the dog yard. Lots to clean up in the yard but SO lucky. From the looks of the roadways it’s going to in fact be weeks without power. We are in such a rural area and trees are everywhere on the lines and roadways.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Day 8 of no power is in the books. The linemen are down the street from me so I was hoping today would be the end but sadly it was not to be.lol I was very lucky to get a generator and window unit on Thursday. After fighting with the gas cans from the devil I was able to get everything up and running. Sitting here on my couch using my hotspot to Sim.

Honestly the worst hasn't been the no air, no water,hard to find gas and ice. It was by FAR having to clean out the freezer/fridge when I got back. GAG! My friends college age daughter stays with me while she attends school and she didn't realize she should take the frozen stuff with her when she left to go to her mom's. Ground meat, shrimp, crawfish all sitting there for days in the south Louisiana heat... zero stars, do not recommend. lol
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Nothing worse than rotten seafood! Maybe tomorrow will be the day you get your power back on! Do you have water now?
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED