Hurricane Ida..and my Boss

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Hurricane Ida..and my Boss

Post by Louise Bayou »

Looks like Ida will be hitting The Boot aka Louisiana on Sunday night. We are all praying that its not a Cat 4 as is being predicted. We do not need another Katrina. :(

Some of you that know me personally know I have a boss that is to say the least...a piece of work. I'd just like to share the latest from her while I'm on my vacation. I'm in Kentucky visiting some fellow friends/Simsters and seeing my beloved Beholder. I got here Thursday and I'm suppose to fly in to New Orleans at 2pm on Monday. Clearly that probably won't be a thing that can happen. I'm suppose to work my regular shift Tuesday then off as normal Wednesday and Thursday. My boss sends me a text Thursday at 5pm that says: We are in hurricane mode at the office. Please make sure you are able to get back for your shift on Tuesday if they start cancelling flights"

I assume she thinks that I should cut my vacation short and find my way back for that one shift. Because ya know I'm in control of airline flight schedules, cities evacuating, natural disasters etc I almost asked if she would like me to just rent a car and drive home the 12hrs through said hurricane just so that she isn't inconvenienced in the slightest but I'm afraid she would say yes. lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Hurricane Ida..and my Boss

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

She will say yes
Goodluck in the next coming days with everything
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I've been watching the news on Ida and thinking about you. Hopefully she isn't as strong as they are saying by the time she hits landfall. Just not looking good for New Orleans/Louisiana.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you and all the other folk in Louisiana will get through this storm as quickly and safely as possible. I'll be thinking about you all. If that high pressure system had moved, it would be us in the crosshairs. Godspeed.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

And today she text me and told me my best option was to rent a car and drive home. LOL I guess after almost 16 years I know her to well.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Louise Bayou wrote: 2 years ago And today she text me and told me my best option was to rent a car and drive home. LOL I guess after almost 16 years I know her to well.
Hope you can find this to rent for that drive back..
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I guess I’ll miss my shift on Tuesday
;p
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

I'd be watching the hurricane hit from the couch in Kentucky and getting out after Ida leaves.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

Your boss needs a reality adjustment.

Be safe.
It's alive!
Aloretta Dethly
Miler

Post by Aloretta Dethly »

Y'all are a different breed down there. I was DYING at this twitter thread of someone's dad giving them updates. https://twitter.com/lordrih_/status/143 ... 88672?s=20
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Aloretta Dethly wrote: 2 years ago Y'all are a different breed down there. I was DYING at this twitter thread of someone's dad giving them updates. https://twitter.com/lordrih_/status/143 ... 88672?s=20
LOL Yep dats my people! We have a saying "if you can't have a good time with someone from Louisiana then dats on you. Because we gonna have a good time no matter what sha!" ;)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Just got the cancellation for my flight home tomorrow. I'm now holding with the airline to see what the closest open airport is. I'm hoping I can get a flight to Jackson, Miss which would only be a 2hr drive home. Waiting to see what they say before I give the boss the great news! lol
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Just do what is best and safest for you, please.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Found out that I don't have power OR water. Which is crazy considering I've never lost water before. My friend's daughter packed up Stitch my dog and went to her Mom's house. Hopefully when I'm able to get back its back on!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

You could fly into Houston Hobby and rent a car. Quite a bit longer drive than Jackson. Not sure how bad I10 will be with people coming back into LA. If you end up at Hobby, call me. I'm not too far from Hobby at all. Glad Stitch got out of there!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED