About 15 wildfires in Idaho...and...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

About 15 wildfires in Idaho...and...

Post by Stormy Peak »

I think the winds are blowing the smoke from All of them into this valley.

It's seriously getting hard to breathe the stuff in...burning the eyes and the back of the throat.
I'm in the house and had to let the dogs out for a few minutes, and I do keep my door open so I can watch them...and in just that short amount of time, so much smoke blew into my house I can see it swirling.

If this keeps up... I might be putting on one of my hated face masks to breath through. :P

Can't even see the close by foothills through all the smoke, much less the mountain range that is only about 30 miles from my house.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Re: About 15 wildfires in Idaho...and...

Post by Ali Sills »

I’m in Utah and was wondering what was on fire… we’re getting some of your glorious smoke. Hopefully nothing too close to your house?

-Ali
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

We know that feeling in CA. So sorry.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ali, none of the fires are too close to my valley...although earlier this summer there was a good sized fire about 25 miles from here.

Kelly, thanks...it would seem that with all the huge fires they have year after year, that there wouldn't be much left to burn. :(

I am getting a bit of a breather this morning...almost no smoke, but I know that by this afternoon, it will probably all settle in again.

About a week ago, I allowed AU and Jaya to remain outside for several hours after the sun was well down...and they just lay out on the lawn enjoying the cool evening breeze...It looked fairly clear outside, I could at least see the mountains earlier that late afternoon. When I called the dogs in...both of them came into the house and shook...and Ash just PUFFED up around them...enough that I had to sweep the stone in front of my porch door.

All summer, been dealing with it on the car windshield too. :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000