Just so much heartbreak recently.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Just so much heartbreak recently.

Post by Stormy Peak »

Doubt anyone cares... but ...

The meds my sister has been getting seem to have worked.
They are saying she will probably get to go home tomorrow....but will have to get an oxygen machine and about 8 prescriptions and isolate for 14 days. She, of course, can't do this on her own. The medical supply store here, is opened on Saturdays and the lady there said she would deliver the machine to my sister's door step. My sister thinks she can get the machine in on her own and set it up. The meds will be delivered in the same way... she showed a sense of humor by calling the deliveries 'ring and run'

Nothing like feeling like a pariah while being sick.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Stormy I am so sorry about everything that has been going on. The saying "When it rains, it pours." is 100% true in my opinion. I don't know if the antibody infusion is offered in your area yet, but I 10000% recommend it! I had covid back in August (it sucks so bad by the way) and I was given the antibodies on day 11. I felt so much better by the next day! Everyone I know that has received them has done a complete 180. Another thing that I noticed help me was staying off of any news sources facebook pages. All of the "a such and such has died" was not helping me and I began to have panic attacks causing my heart rate to go up and O2 to go down. I have never had panic attacks in my life until then.

I hope everything is going better with your hand, Song, and Thump. I'm here if you need to vent.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thank you Ashley.

My sister is feeling better, but still having some issues. This morning she called me, crying, and saying that she felt like both of her knees were just going to shatter that they hurt so much....and she was just laying in bed and didn't know how she was going to stand up when she needed too.

I could only guess that her body has had some kind of after reaction to the virus or maybe the the meds...that she is experiencing some severe joint inflammation. ?? I told her she needed to call her doctor and let the doctor know what she was feeling and they might be able to help her deal with it. I don't know what meds she's taking and suggested maybe she try some muscle rub, and asked if she had a cool pack or a cold pack from the fridge/freezer she could put on her knees to try to deal with the pain...at least until she can find out from her doctor what is safe to take and what could be causing such joint pain. She said she had some muscle rub but no cool or cold packs.

I have a few gel packs in the freezer and the fridge...sometimes I don't like the packs so Cold, thus...the 'cool' packs which can work fine on my back sometimes. I offered to bring some from my fridge/freezer over and put them on her porch...but she would still have to get up and come out and get them. She said she would call me later and let me know, but at the moment, she didn't even want to think about standing up and moving.

I have been letting her call me, as I don't want to call her and wake her up if she's getting some needed sleep. But she hasn't called again today to tell me if she got a hold of the doctor and if so, what did he suggest. We have an agreement though that if she doesn't call me for 2 days in a row I'll call her back.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000