Forum search help

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Forum search help

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Would anyone have an idea of how to search the forums when you want to search an exact phrase, like a horse's full name?

E.g I want to do a search for the horse Sleep to Dream. When using the search bar - regardless of whether I use quotation marks
or not, the search offers me Sleep, To and Dream separately.

Thoughts and suggestions would be welcome. :)
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Forum search help

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Try the link?

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=246795

As far as searching the forum, it only take me to this page…sorry

On further searches while on the breeding section, I got this…

search.php?keywords=Sleep+to+dream&fid%5B0%5D=3

I’ll admit to not using this function much, I’m guessing you need to know which aspect of the mare you’re looking for as to which section of the forum to be in when you search. A learning curve for me, thanks.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Click the little gear icon to the right of the forum's search box. That gives a lot more search options. I used "search for all terms" and got this:
search.php?keywords=Sleep+to+Dream&term ... mit=Search
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

The Admin wrote: 2 years ago Click the little gear icon to the right of the forum's search box. That gives a lot more search options. I used "search for all terms" and got this:
search.php?keywords=Sleep+to+Dream&term ... mit=Search
Thank you!
Although the link partly shows what I'm trying to avoid. As you can see there are some returning results with the searchwords without being in the exact succession.

I have tried the gear icon but it doesn't seem to offer me the options I'm looking for.
This search:
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... nd+dust%22
gives me 49 matches of which none is actually about the horse "Dreams and Dust".

I was looking for a way to specify a search so that the search results I get are only of the words in the right succession, and all three of them (in this case). That means I'm not searching for posts containing all or some of the words I put in my search query (Dreams, And, Dust) unless they actually are in the succession I wrote in the search query.
Last edited by Ash Tarasin 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago
On further searches while on the breeding section, I got this…

search.php?keywords=Sleep+to+dream&fid%5B0%5D=3

I’ll admit to not using this function much, I’m guessing you need to know which aspect of the mare you’re looking for as to which section of the forum to be in when you search. A learning curve for me, thanks.
Thank you, Nick. Sleep to Dream wasn't actually a good example since there are many posts written where she's mentioned so it looks like it works when in fact it doesn't. I tried with another less known horse in my post above, here.
Karazhan, Deshaan