Song and Thump...maybe some hope : )

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Song and Thump...maybe some hope : )

Post by Stormy Peak »

I mentioned back around October, I adopted a 3 legged cat, she's missing her back right leg.
I named her Thump, due to the sound she makes when she walks/hops on her left back leg, Thump was barely a year old.

I tried to slowly introduce them to each other...but it didn't work.
My 7 year old cat, Song was Not Happy about the new cat, and it doesn't help that Thump is kind of a juvenile delinquent - she takes great fun in ambushing Song...sneaking up behind her, tapping Song on the tail or butt, then she'll spin and run as fast as she can towards, me, AU, or the kitty condo as she's discovered Song won't usually chase her to those points.
But sometimes, Song will give chase and the fight (or I should say the beating) was on. Sometimes too, Song would see Thump just laying on the floor relaxing and Song would attack her.

One morning between 5 am and 7 am...they got into about 20 incidents...slapping at each other, hissing, spitting, and screaming, That was my breaking point...I had to fix things or give up Thump.
So, I did some research...as this was going on 3 months of almost constant cat fights.

I found a vet approved product - it contained a pheromones mimic that mother cats produce to calm their kittens. It was touted as a great help in stopping cat fights, and it came in a bottle with a diffusor, like those plug-in scents you can get the store. I'm not rich, and it was $30.00 but said it lasted a month....and I was desperate.

It arrived, I plugged it in, and waited...I was amazed at how quick it worked. !!!

One week after plugging it in, I started to notice a difference in the way the cats acted towards each other. Song was still glaring at Thump ...but no longer hissing and chasing her down to fight with her....even when Thump was being a bit of poop. Thump too, didn't seem as excited by Song...and so the 'tormenting of the old cat' incidents were reduced. About 2 weeks in, I found them sleeping next to the wall heater, each in their own bed, but that was as close as they had been to each other without fighting since I got them.

Then last night... : ) Both were sharing the kitty condo...both relaxed, Song wasn't slapping at Thump's head and they stayed like this for a good 10 minutes...until Song, calmly jumped down and went and laid down by the wall heater.

This has caused my own stress level to drop.. (or maybe the cat pheromone's working on me too...lol)

I wish I could have got a better photo...but it was night, and my lighting in the house isn't that great...neither is the photo app on my Kindle - (I don't own a cellphone to take photos with) - But, at least I got this photo of Song and Thump sitting calmly one the cat condo. : ) Song is on the top tier, Thump is sitting on the next step down.

I'm not much into product placement...but if anyone needs to know what I used, PM in the came and I can tell you the name of the product. It had a lot of good reviews on Amazon and while it didn't help with some cats...it sure worked with my cats and I've only had it for 1 month - so it's almost used up. Not sure if I will need to order a replacement bottle or not.
----------------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000