So how's your winter going

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

So how's your winter going

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm in an itty bitty town in valley in the Rocky Mountains of Idaho.

We got dumped on this year with snow. My car has been stuck in my driveway about 6 times now. One of the times it was stuck it took me 5 days to dig it out. I could only do about 10 minutes of work a day, due to my bad back... I have had back surgery in the past, then another disc went bad and that one put me in a wheelchair for 4 month...and onto disability. I had to shovel myself out because everyone I knew was either out of town, or down with the flue, having car troubles or stuck in their own drives.

And because I was low on help... I had to haul in my own heavy groceries...such as 3 boxes of 20 lb cat litter, and 37 pound bag of dog food, etc.

My back was on fire most days, then...I was outside making my way through a deep section of snow, hit something with my foot and went down next to my car's back driver's side tire and I fell forward, hitting a packed down area of snow on both of my knees with my right knee hitting first, then my right hand. My right leg went completely numb for about a minute and I couldn't get up until I could move my leg again. Since then, my back pain has been Much Worse. That happened on the last Monday of January.

It's been like 6 to 10 below zero [Celsius -21 to -23] here a few times (burning up the propane fuel to heat my home)

Tonight it's suppose to get -5 degrees [-20 C ]
And tomorrow night -20 degrees [-29 C ]

I always feel bad for the dogs when it gets that cold...they have to go outside to take care of business....brrr.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: So how's your winter going

Post by Lori Hamill »

63° here in this part of Pennsylvania. We have been having fairly mild winters for the last few years. The temps go up and down, 50 or 60 one day and teens the next, we've had some snow but nothing like what we are used to getting. (This is sort of okay with me because I am not a winter person.)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

85 here in south Louisiana lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yes. In the mid Atlantic, winter was last week. This week is false spring
;p
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

We usually get like one big snowstorm here every year.
Tonight's will be our... Fifth? In like two months?
I like winter, a lot, but even I'm pretty over it. It's almost March. Get the f out of here, snow.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Mild, by Nebraska standards.

Will be approaching the 70s next week :)
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

65 degrees in Connecticut yesterday a snowstorm tonight at least 8 inches..
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:oops: Your days are truly very strong with everything that hinders you physically due to your back problems, and you will still have made your way through that arduous path. I admire the power of your Spirit, and willpower to cope with your needs every day, and those of others. your pets

I only hope that you can always have that encouragement that allows you to take another step, and not go back, I only hope that better days come, I don't know when, and how long they could be, I just hope that you manage to have peace and rest for your soul that relieves the pain in your body

If I could do something for you, I would gladly do it, I only have to remember you in my prayers, and may they be answered

do not let your spirit break, since you have always managed to get ahead with the courage you have since before you were born

Take care of yourself as much as possible

Greetings
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

We are inbetween late winter/early spring. Small patches of Snowdrops (the earliest plant in this part of the world) may be seen in sheltered locations. Right now the ground is bare, and the temperature moving between zero and one.
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

drove through a lot of snow coming down between Minneapolis mn and Sioux Falls Sd last night.
Took a little longer than normal due to black ice and saw about 30 cars in the ditch. SO we rolled in about 2:30 am with -6 temps(F). its really bright sunny and frigid out today with sun dogs dancing merrily away.
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Louise Bayou wrote: 2 years ago 85 here in south Louisiana lol
It's been in the 80s here in South Alabama as well!
Natasha Yar
Miler

Post by Natasha Yar »

65° here in KY this afternoon, but still cold in the mornings