Make A Statement

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Make A Statement

Post by T.D. Palm »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/location ... tionID=545
https://www.simhorseracing.com/location ... tionID=394
https://www.simhorseracing.com/location ... tionID=383

Change the names & locations. Compensate the owners for the moves.

I notice that we have no farms or tracks in China; so this is only fitting
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Re: Make A Statement

Post by Jack Ryder »

Maybe you should sponsor your own tracks in China instead of making others move
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Jack Ryder wrote: 2 years ago Maybe you should sponsor your own tracks in China instead of making others move
Good answer !!!!!
Of course you missed my point.
Russia & China are birds of a feather.........capische
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I am disgusted by what Russia is doing, but personally don't think a fantasy game is the place for 'making a statement'
I come here to get away from the real world, and just don't want to drag politics into this.

I also don't want to spend time and funds having to move my horses from various farms and such, especially since it would mess up training schedules... time on a plane, means no rest on a farm, or if not using 1st class, tiredness on a plane.

To justify my opinion too...the Russian government is terrible, but many of Russia's citizens do not support what's going on...there are still good people in that country who are just as helpless about what their government is doing as those in the Ukraine.

BTW, for years, I've watched what are known as 'Public Random Kpop Dances' Each Kpop song has it's own dance, and kids from around the world learn the dance moves, meet in public and dance to 15 to 25 second snippets of the songs - running out to the dance area if they know the song.

There are a few groups of kids in the Ukraine that often put up videos, and the groups were very good... it breaks my heart, knowing how happy and carefree those kids were, and now I wonder if any of them have lost loved ones, or are themselves, hurt, or even dead. After seeing a good number of these videos, one starts to recognize the same kids from one to the next...and that does get to me, knowing how their lives have been shattered by what's happened to their country.

Here are just a few of them - the kids did a good job in finding wonderful backgrounds in their area too, again, it's sad that such carefree and happy people are having to endure what's going on now.

From 2020 Ukraine, Lviv:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdKN8yrHu_Y&t=228s

From 2021 Ukraine, Lviv:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAgiqLMxe2o&t=1s

2021 Ukraine, Turnopil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx3WcK2TeCc&t=131s

2021 Ukraine, Kyiv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9hOcGchnqQ&t=100s

Sad too that they have counterparts in Russia doing the same thing, setting up dances and posting them. Russia isn't evil, it's those in power and running the government who are the problem. : (

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I think this idea was already mentioned in Two Small Things
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Thanks Carole; hadn't read that post of Danny's.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

“I am disgusted by what Russia is doing, but personally don't think a fantasy game is the place for 'making a statement'
I come here to get away from the real world, and just don't want to drag politics into this.”

You should have left it there.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nick, I was not trying to be rude, which I think you have been with your statement.

In my post, I did want to mention, that unlike many people in the USA before this all went down - I was at least aware the Ukraine existed, and that I had an attachment to a small group of kids in Ukraine. And the situation does touch my heart....and there's Nothing Wrong in me saying something like that and letting people get a glimpse of those kids in more carefree days.

However..in regards to the game... I think something like what was suggested puts us on a slippery slope.

What if China gets involved with something similar...and attacks Taiwan, do we then close down the Hong Kong track and force barn owners near that track to move? Or if any other country does something terrible...do we start playing musical barn moving and track closures to show support for every world crisis? I just don't think things like that should be a part of the game.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Time to go to mars. Marshorseracing.com is currently an available domain.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Wait what? I thought nick was pointing out that you made political comments after saying hey let’s not but now I’m super confused. Hello, usa person here.

Hold the phone. You’re telling me Ukraine is a real country? Not a region of Russia where they manufacture and ship hot women from? You know the ones. No? What. Mind blown. Where my emoticons
;p
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 2 years ago Time to go to mars. Marshorseracing.com is currently an available domain.
The Martians probably already have thoat racing and might laugh at our small weak horses. :P ;)

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

It's not "politics". It's war crimes; it's killing innocent civilians; it's destruction of their homes & work places; it's starving out survivors; it's threatening supporters with nuclear war.
Another Hitler has emerged.

If it's all about a fantasy game that takes you away from real life tragedy, why are do you people respond to others who voice their illnesses; their troubles; the death of their pets or loved ones. There are people in this Sim colony who live very close to the horror & are probably very concerned about their own homeland & whether they are next.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

T.D. Palm - I respond to people who post problems because I care.

But I don't aske that the game be modified due to all the sad/tragic/various issues that are out there.

And if people would read what I wrote in context, they would have understood that what I meant by 'dragging politics' into this game...was just that...changing the game due to politics. I never said that discussion of what's going on in the world would be stopped.

I used the general term 'politics' because that is what's going on with what other nations, including ours in regards to what's happening. Politics is an appropriate term to use....starting with the politics inside of Russia that determined an attack on another country, and the politics of how other countries, including ours are dealing with this situation.

I don't need anyone to 'explain' to me that what's going on are crimes being committed against the Ukraine....I already know that.
I am also, btw, someone who absolutely loves history and I know what Hitler did, and I know what Russia did after WWII in invading several areas on their borders, and in locking up East Berlin.

Again, I have no issue with people discussing world events/politics...but I don't like the idea of changing things inside the game because of it. I love the Steward's idea of adding a track and maybe some folks setting up barns in the Sim's 'Ukraine'...as it adds to the game and doesn't take away anything, nor have people moving their barns.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

That's interesting and it's kind of weird how some countries ended up with 'The' in front of the names but others did not.

No one would say 'The Poland, The Mexico, The Russia, or The Italy

But when talking about other countries, it's common to hear, The Congo, The Netherlands, The Bahamas, The Sudan, or as in the past, 'The Soviet Union (or The USSR). And, of course, The USA.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000