Power Outage

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Power Outage

Post by Stormy Peak »

So, we had a massive wind storm in the early morning hours. It woke me up around 5am....sounded like a train was rushing over the roof of my house. After a half hour, I decided to turn on the light next to my recliner and reach for my Kindle to read some stuff on the internet. I barely turned the light on and the power went out.

I have a hefty battery back up in my computer room, and at least the internet didn't go out. Around 8 pm, I decided to call Idaho Power and find out if it was just my house that was affected by a downed wire, or part or all of the valley.

Their message:
Power is down for about 1,000 residence. The power should be up by 9:20 AM...we do not know the reason for the power outage.

:evil: WHAT ! ?

If they don't know the reason for the outage, then how can they know when it will be back up again? It didn't sound good to me and I was right.

The power was out from 5:30 am until 2:00 PM...8 1/2 hours.

My hefty computer battery back up quit about 2 hours later... I had turned off the computer, and monitor, but not the internet and used my Kindle to read some things on the internet. Then after the battery back up died, I listened to an audio book on my kindle. It was down to 13 % power when the power finally popped back on.

I was almost to the point where I was going to have to read a real book in order to entertain myself today. :lol:

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000