the horse that changed it all

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Northern Acre
Two Year Old

Re: the horse that changed it all

Post by Northern Acre »

YA I'm slowly back I ended up in the hospital for a month.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Damn hope all is well now buddy
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

A long time ago I played here previously under another game. When I came back I started completely over but managed to find some descendants of horses I bred.

This mare https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=315117 is a homebred I had then. She was one of my favorites and her descendants have done pretty good. Im proud to have her granddaughter and great granddaughters in my barn. One of my first stakes homebred is descended from her. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1308383 She is also the grandma to one of my favorite studs, Nevermind.

I had another mare also that I absolutely loved. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=318291 I have her daughter Golden Geisha. While they weren't the best, keeping their bloodlines going has been a big draw for me to stay in the game.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I'd been playing 14 game years with decent overall success playing all breeds, but never had "the big horse" that dominates its division. Then came War Lock. Great horses came more frequently after that.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1148701 This is the most dominant horse I have ever had. He had an awesome advisory in Laura's El Dorado. Which just showed how dominant those 2 were in the QH mid division. El Dorado gets the edge in that he is versatile at all 3 divisions. But Jeaux can claim to be the first QH any distance to run a 100 SF and is also the only 3 time winner of "The Star of Stars". I may never get another that was as dominant as he was but fingers crossed maybe one day one of his offspring surprises me.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

My first big horse -- Back in Year 19, I had asked an established player, Ryen Hanna, if I could lease or buy a broodmare she had. She didn't want to do that, but told me to choose a sire, and the gender and color of the foal I wanted and she would pay for everything and send me the foal. Her sweet gesture got me my first Grade 1 winner and millionaire, my turf miler, Won't Back Down.

His earnings helped me to better my breeding barn, as I could afford to send some of my mares to higher end stallions, and this lead to my Foremost line of mares producing even better fillies and broodmares.

Won't Back Down

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Mine was a series of jumps. The first was Knighted (just elected to the Hall of Fame). I got him for $125,000 in Year 19 Week 13 and he went on to win about $900,000 including G1 Turf Route races and the Year 22 SC Steeplechase.

The next two were a cheaply bred filly/mare named Lookupdesireitsme and future stallion Goodguywearsblack. Both were dirt sprinters and ran Years 22-24. Lookup was bred for around $2,500, made $651,800 and was sold to the Steward for $4.5 million. I also got her first foal who was by Goodguy and he made $1.7 million on the track. Goodguy was purchased in a dispersal sale for $1.4 million, won $1.7 million on the track (only $800,000 for me) but then went on to be a super nice stallion with $35 million in progeny earnings but most important over $35 million in stud fees.

Interesting side note. I had purchased a horse called Driving Rain for $326,000 in a Steward auction and after earning $355,000 for me in eight races (including a 4th place finish in the sprint elimination race in which Goodguy finished second) he was purchased from me for $2.5 million. That sale gave me enough money to purchase Goodguy.

During all this my owner money grew to $21 million which was a lot in real year 2009 and put me at #5 on the owner list.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

i hope i see more posts added to this as we move into SC week!
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

For me, it is obviously Deputy Dog. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1198329
She was a tremendous gift and I was struggling in the game and become disheartened when she came along. Her racing career ignited my interest and next year, I get to race her daughter, Whiskers N Wishes. Hopefully, she has a touch of her mom's success.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

In YR 34 I bred my first "big" horse, Countless Stars, a homebred. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=378650
He earned almost 2.5 million dollars, which was a fortune to me. He was a dud at stud, but was so much fun to race!
(I have been playing around with CS grand-daughters; some of them are doing pretty good).

In YR 41, I bred what turned out to be the great broodmare, Sweet Sinsation. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=651514
She earned 2.5 million dollars on the track before retired. She foaled 7 Freaks, including Sinsational and Sinister Mister, among others.
I currently have freak grand daughters from her; she made my small barn, and will always be my most favorite horse, male or female.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Ricky Spanish
Two Year Old

Post by Ricky Spanish »

I haven't had him or her in my stable yet. I have been a bit off and on with the game over the years, and with studying full time in RL right now it makes finding time harder. I have focused a bit more on getting money together to breed more horses and hoping for that one, but money is hard to earn big with a small stable of horses that are not high quality. I have some nice broodmares that are yet to produce anything worth having, but I live in hope and I guess hoping that each year I will find 'the horse' is what keeps me in the game. I also love the generosity from some players towards me with leases of racers and even GP gifts, I love the community here and hope one day I can repay them somehow.