the horse that changed it all

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

the horse that changed it all

Post by Ren Marston »

so some time ago when I was still writing my monthly newsletter, I would include a question I'd ask multiple players and one has been on my mind lately. I decided it might be fun to post the question here on the forum for everyone to answer as I really enjoyed reading the answers from the very limited pool I asked the first time around. Here's the question:

What sim horse changed it all for you? The one that transformed your barn or taught you the most, made you the player you are today, or had the most significant impact in your sim career?
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: the horse that changed it all

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I'm new so none yet but 2 are hopeful

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1478112

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1555045 she has her 1st workout this Saturday!! Can't wait to see
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

My first big horse was Battlenote and while he didn't make a lot of money on the track, his regular income of stud fees helped me a great deal!

Second horse that changed everything was when I purchased Mexican Tiara for $15,000. While she was a meh racehorse, she went on to produce the one and only original Beast Pony World Wide Fame who loved everything BUT the Steward's Cup (ugh) LOL she also produced Across the Globe before that but Globe was very much not the same as her lil bro in talent on the track.

Third horse that changed everything was Frown, who I picked up from Mac Silver for $1,000. Now, I say Frown because had I not bought Frown and bred her to Brave Heart, she wouldn't have produced Broke Your Heart, who wouldn't have been alive to breed to Just Victory to produce, Prayers. Prayers has been an absolute legend for my barn being my first SC Distaff winner and dam of Enchantment, who was just a superstar broodmare for me (as are her daughters!).

Fourth horse that changed everything for me was Give Up the Ghost, a daughter of Black Condor, that I picked up from AJ for $1,000, raced her, retired her, bred her twice and then sold her. Her first foal, Lavishing earned $133k for me on the track and retired as a blue hen broodmare. However, she decided she wanted to wait until I bred her to Storm the Bow near the end of her broodmare career to give me the best horse I have ever bred in Titanic and well, she needs no introduction to race career or broodmare career.

The end. :lol:
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

It's Nyan Cat.

I say this because Nyan Cat raced at a time when my stable was at by far it's lowest point (I'm talking like multiple years of 10% win and under $400k earned). She was my only really good horse that really made me stay involved in the game in the early 40's (lol that sounds weird to say that), and her first foal ended up winning my first Steward's Cup in over 10 SIM years, and it was all uphill from there. If Nyan Cat never occurred, then I might have stopped playing years ago!
I have a stable full of cats
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Neverinthemiddle was my horse. She was a CAH back when I was a total newb. Back then I hadn't even considered mixers, honestly don't remember why I decided to do a mixer CAH. Funny considering now I don't own a single non-pensioned TB. Anyway, Never is now in the Hall of Fame, so that I think sums things up in a nutshell. 2 SC wins with 400k in earnings and that's WAY back in the day granted she ran quite a few sponsored races. Not the best broodmare, but there are 3 millionaires with her in their female family (Synchrony, Ebionite and She's Country). She's the horse that got me into Paints.

Next up is Boone, also a hall of famer, he was my first big time stallion, my only horse to date to win 3 SCs, he's the one that really pushed my stable to the next level. Having that massive steady income is a game changer.

On the broodmare front (you all know I love my broodmares), I cannot start with anyone other than Splash In Puddles I mean, what can I say about that mare? $2.3M in progeny earnings. She loved Streak of Rock, together they had 5 foals, every single one was a multiple stakes winner, the best of which being the one and only Hey Brother. Flying Pebbles is a mare that probably no one really knows about, but she was a bit of a game changer, a stakes winner herself and dam of Kissin' Frogs, my first non TB millionaire and FLD Ruby, one of my best mares at the moment. Talib's Robe is the mare that has kickstarted my Arabian barn, I just love that mare, she may be the best mare I've ever had.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Kilcreggan, $15k that I barely had turned into millions
yeah
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

My Heart of Hearts without question. My first SC winner, she built a dynasty for my turf miler operation that has resulted in a Hall of Famer in Paramour, 3 gens of G1 stakes winners with a total of 17 G1 winning horses for me (and many more for others like Backstreet Boy, Disturbia, Lzzy Hale etc), and if I counted right 53 graded stakes races won so far.

And to think the only reason I have her is because at an Eric Nalbone auction I bought her dam Bold Not Shy, listed as a good broodmare, for $50,000 because I liked her headshot and then bred her to Bright Heart on a B- cross because I liked his headshot 🤣
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Someone Like You
My first Steward's Cup winner. I actually cried when she won that race, and it's a high that i've chased since.
I was a very casual SIM player until I leased her... She turbo-charged my interest in the game and made me decide that Dirt Routing was the direction I wanted to go.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Fried Tofu

Maiden arabian router. Claimed for 10k.
A lump of coal that turned into a diamond when she retired.
Mother of three arabian Stallions.

She made me realize that any horse can be the best breeding material.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Absolute Honour was the $1 formidable broodmare that gave me my first and only SC winner to date.

She was the dam to my girl, Miss Indian Nation. This mare won the yr 39 SC FIlly Turf Dash by 2. She was my first millionare, had a record of 28: 21-4-2 (only finishing off of the board once). When I retired her she was leased by the Steward and had a filly named Miss Golden State, whom I was fortunate enough to race and breed one time as well.

That foal was my gritty guy, Kid Galahad He won a whopping $3,768,500. He never won a SC race (never placed worse than 4th in those races). However he was the very first Chimborazo Stakes winner with the 5th fastest finish time to date (1:09.30), beating out Red Balloon by 3/4 length, Dancin Nancy, Rift Storm, The White Glove, and other popular horses from that time. Unfortunately he didn't do spectacular in the shed.

I am currently still looking for my next superstar as my stable has dwindled. I have couple coming up that might do something, but as of now, I owe it all to that $1 formidable mare!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Early on Nightliner, Left Breathless and Devon Fancy were my first really exciting horses, but really it was Look Like A King that taught me everything. What a legacy. and Devon Castle - that one was the one that really made me in the game.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

2 changed it for me

Bodega Bay

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=61318

A horse that i got from one of Laura Ferguson's mare leases. Won me a Louisville Oaks and got me on the ladder

Believe the Hype

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=104733

This horse won the Louisville Derby and made me the first non North American player to win that Race.
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Nicholas Johnson
Miler

Post by Nicholas Johnson »

Margaux was the horse that made the foundation for my barn.

I bought her in a Steward Auction, for a little over 500k, after randomly bidding on horses.
She would win the Steward Cup Matron twice before I retired her, only ever placing once out of the top 3. She would have almost 3 million in earnings.

I'm currently racing two of her foals, and hoping they will just as good or even better.
Johnson Stables
Margaux
2x SC AWR Matron Winner

Pine Mountain Standing: 35,000
Y64 SC AWR Classic Winner
Y65 Pegasus Route Winner
Northern Acre
Two Year Old

Post by Northern Acre »

Haven't found one yet.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Kevin Rock wrote: 1 year ago Haven't found one yet.
Kevin Rock!! You scared me for a minute there, haven't seen ya around
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: