your first headshot

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

your first headshot

Post by Ren Marston »

so, i just ordered my very first headshot and thought this might be a fun thread:

what was your first headshot and what was so special with the horse to have motivated the purchase?
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: your first headshot

Post by Ash Tarasin »

My first headshots were for my first ever stakes winners. They both happened to win the same day. It was the palomino Quarter horse Bring it On (who is now a stable pony) and the buckskin Appaloosa Party Lights (whose lines are still in my stable). Both were generously gifted to me by Lori Hamill.

And my third was my first ever homebred stakeswinner Crescencia

It looks like Nena may have made that one?

She was only a "good" broodmare but her kids ran nicely anyway. I have three granddaughters of hers in my broodmare barn today. Keith Place has one of her oldest stakeswinning daughters.
Last edited by Ash Tarasin 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Haha Ren!! You took good use of the headshot win!!

I got high hopes my headshot horse is coming soon!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Mine was for Won't Back Down. : )
I mentioned him just recently in another thread about what horse changed it all for your stable.

Stormy
Edit to add headshot...figured I should, since this is about first headshots. :P
Last edited by Stormy Peak 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Ren Marston wrote: 1 year ago so, i just ordered my very first headshot and thought this might be a fun thread:

what was your first headshot and what was so special with the horse to have motivated the purchase?
My very first headshot was Battlenote!

✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

My first one must have been All Your Might (The oldest Steward's Cup winner, EVER, 11 years YOUNG) xD
This was before I was a artist myself, so I believe it was Nena who made this portrait of him ^^
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago Image
My first one must have been All Your Might (The oldest Steward's Cup winner, EVER, 11 years YOUNG) xD
This was before I was a artist myself, so I believe it was Nena who made this portrait of him ^^
It was and wow has my art style really changed!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 1 year ago My first headshots were for my first ever stakes winners. They both happened to win the same day. It was the palomino Quarter horse Bring it On (who is now a stable pony) and the buckskin Appaloosa Party Lights (whose lines are still in my stable). Both were generously gifted to me by Lori Hamill.

And my third was my first ever homebred stakeswinner Crescencia

It looks like Nena may have made that one?

She was only a "good" broodmare but her kids ran nicely anyway. I have three granddaughters of hers in my broodmare barn today. Keith Place has one of her oldest stakeswinning daughters.
Yep! That is also me 😁
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Ooh fun!

Stratocaster was my first headshot, and one of my first big TS, which makes him a pretty important part of my SIM history.

LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Neverinthemiddle was mine, first SC winner, first real stakes horse and the horse that got me into Paints. Mentioned her in the "horse that changed it all" thread, she definitely did for me.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Pretty sure it was this girl, the foundation for many of my turf horses. Alert was my reward from the New Player Program, when Eric Nalbone was running the program. She was an awfully nice horse to give to a newbie trainer and she and Zonked kept me playing even when I was frustrated. Speaking of Zonked, I need to pony up the gps to get him a headshot; he is probably still my very favorite horse I've ever owned in the Sim and if I remember correctly he is the horse that won Alert for me.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

My Emotonian winning filly Castle Call is the first headshot purchase I made. She was a fun horse!

EDIT...

I just looked through my GP transactions and it was actually this horse who was my first headshot... Castle Call (above) was my second ever.
Skylar Grey was the first "fancy" TB Dirt Router filly I owned myself, and I was so smitten with her that I wanted to order her a headshot.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Fishing the Keys was a $1,000 AJ purchase as a newbie. He was my first millionaire and my first SC winner. I still wonder how it is that I didn’t stick with ts, lol.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

I believe she was my first stakes winner. She's also out of the foundation broodmare that lead me to have a ton of turf routers.

Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Dreams of cash was mine
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=158364

It was interesting to look back at my headshot orders - I bought Deams of Cash's almost 11 RL years ago, and have bought 73 more headshots since.

It also made me nostalgic for the trotter broodmare of the year contest and the headshots I bought for the winners. I really should go back and catch that up but that would be a big research job and a lot of headshots. Diamond Formation was the last time I ran that contest - year 46. Not sure I have 15 sim years of races to search in me, but if there's interest in that I might just do it. ;)

edited - it was 15 sim years ago, not 12. Yikes.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.