Well....I have covid.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Well....I have covid.

Post by Darcy McBride »

Glad to hear you are improving, Stormy! I know it will take a while to build your strength back up; people I know who have had it said it took several weeks to feel back to their normal selves. Just take good care of yourself and you will get there!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Glad to hear things are getting better, hope you continue to feel better and better.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Well... I got sick on the 11th of July. I am feeling a lot better, but am having some issues still.

One is severe joint pain....all my joints ache and those that already have arthritis in them...my left side, inside ankle bones, and knee on that side and 3 areas in my spine...they more than ache.

Two... I'm still very weak. I finally took a short trip to the store Friday and got stuck in a long line at the check out...the energy just drained out of me while standing there and I started to shake from being so tired. But at least I didn't get dizzy too, as I had a few days prior when I did too much.

Also, I am experiencing something called Covid brain fog.

I'm having a hard time every once in a while just figuring things out...the other morning, I looked at my can opener for about 40 seconds because I had no clue how to make it work. I'm 58 years old and have operated both crank and automatic can openers since I was 5 years old. That incident left me crying...it's a shock to have one's brain shut down like that over something one barely thinks about most of the time. I also left a gallon of milk on the counter overnight. I have Never done that, my counters are fairly clean and a gallon of milk would stick out like a sore thumb... it didn't even register with me and I was in the kitchen several times.

And, in a chat room last night with a friend...we were talking about some Kpop group comebacks that will happen soon
I typed: "I can't wait until next money to see them."
?money?
That should have been "I can't wait until next month to see them."

And that is just 1 example of many where utterly the wrong word has replaced what I thought I was typing.
I know I sometimes make typos...like typing thing, instead of think (or vise versa) Or I'll type on, instead of one....stuff like that...but wow money for month?

Anyway...
My sister called...she got covid in January was ended up in critical care in the hospital. She has breathing issues and that along with super high fevers she spend 4 days there. Well, she's caught it again....and she has nothing at home to combat it. So I gathered up my nyquil, some aspirins, mucus relief stuff, and some Ben Gay for her joint pain, along with some cans of chicken noodle soup, and some slices of bread and took them to her home.... I put the stuff on her porch and rang her door bell, then talked to her for about 1 minute from the sidewalk...about 15 feet from her door. She said she would go to the hospital tonight if she got worse, otherwise she will call her doctor in the morning to see about more serious treatments than what I could supply her with tonight.

Our town has like 1000 'outsiders' here at the moment...from all over the USA, fighting the wild fires that are burning in the area...it was shortly after they arrived that covid ripped through this town. We are pretty isolated here, and covid had kind of run it course until all those folks arrived and we think they brought in a new variation. It was probably bound to happen at some point...we do get tourists all summer too...but not so many and all at once.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000