Well....I have covid.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Well....I have covid.

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Stormy, do not sit or lay around all day. I had it very bad back in August last year. That is one thing my Dr emphasized. Move around! Stay hydrated as well. I felt awful, so much so that I slept for 20 hrs one day (no joke).
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I've tried to read everyone's responses....and thanks for the well wishes.

I am trying to drink water and milk...nothing else sounds really good right now...but I have forced myself to eat a little bit too.
I ate the most food today than I have in the past 2 days. I heated up a frozen entrée and ate that...but it took me an hour to eat it...just no appetite.

I've had a headache for 3 days now, and have had fevers. I hurt so much I almost can't stand it. Feel like someone's worked me over with a baseball bat.

Ashley, I do get up and move around, although it takes So Much Effort....I just don't have the energy or will to want to move, but force myself to do so. I have to let the dogs out and feed them 3 times a day, as well as take care of the cats and the kitty litter box.

It's not a lot, but it's pushing the limits of my energy level at the moment.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Hang in there. I am sorry you are having such a rough go of it. It really seems to hit everyone a little differently.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Hey Stormy,

Really sorry to hear what you're going through, it sounds like a truly awful experience and hope that you turn the corner on the road to recovery soon.

First, I'm not sure if you have a pulse oximeter but you may want to order one to see how much oxygen you're actually getting as an aid to monitor your health. They're cheap and on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Oximeter-F ... 5470&psc=1.

Second, and I can't stress this enough, if you feel like you're in distress please don't hesitate seeking out more help if you need it. Heading to the ER isn't anyone's first choice, but if you've been struggling to breathe for a week that's something that may require more care. Not saying you're there now, but if at any point you feel like you need it, don't wait.

Hope you're back on your feet soon and that I'm once again overwhelmed by your horse updates on the forums :D.

Danny
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Oh gosh, sorry to hear that COVID has reared its ugly head :( I agree with Danny, getting an oximeter to keep an eye on your blood oxygen is a great idea! As well as PLEASE make sure that you seek medical care if you are struggling to breathe! Feel better soon!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Hope you feel better with every passing minute, Stormy! Thinking of you.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Hi everyone.

I think I'm going to live, dang it.... :P There was a point when I felt it could go either way and I just didn't care.
But last night, some of the body aches eased, and my fevers have almost stopped, and those I have had in the last few days are not bad ones.

I'm still coughing, and having clogged sinuses, and I'm very weak, shaky, just exhausted, but I have also been able to eat a little bit more....which isn't saying much...but eating more than a piece of toast with butter during the day now : ) I managed an egg, piece of toast with butter this morning. And I hope I will have some kind of appetite later today and can eat some soup or something.

Danny, and others, thanks for all the helpful tips. I have a friend who left an oximeter on my porch step a this weekend. I have been using it and at first was getting about 87 to 89. But a few days later it went up to 91 and the readings that day pretty much stayed there. I tried it this morning and got a 92. I don't smoke or anything, so I guess I should be at 95 or so.
I've been sick since last Monday, and I think the worst of it was Friday thru Sunday..

Again, Thanks everyone

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago Hi everyone.

I think I'm going to live, dang it.... :P There was a point when I felt it could go either way and I just didn't care.
But last night, some of the body aches eased, and my fevers have almost stopped, and those I have had in the last few days are not bad ones.

I'm still coughing, and having clogged sinuses, and I'm very weak, shaky, just exhausted, but I have also been able to eat a little bit more....which isn't saying much...but eating more than a piece of toast with butter during the day now : ) I managed an egg, piece of toast with butter this morning. And I hope I will have some kind of appetite later today and can eat some soup or something.

Danny, and others, thanks for all the helpful tips. I have a friend who left an oximeter on my porch step a this weekend. I have been using it and at first was getting about 87 to 89. But a few days later it went up to 91 and the readings that day pretty much stayed there. I tried it this morning and got a 92. I don't smoke or anything, so I guess I should be at 95 or so.
I've been sick since last Monday, and I think the worst of it was Friday thru Sunday..

Again, Thanks everyone

Stormy
Really glad to see the positive update, I've been worried about you. Keep taking care of yourself, keep feeling better, and don't hesitate to get help if anything changes. We're all pulling for you here
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Glad to hear you’re starting to do better Stormy!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

I have had it twice. Best things I've found to help is an Albuterol inhaler, benzonatate perls, cough syrup with codeine and a quick pack of prednisone from the doc.

The only over the counter things I would also recommend is mucinex and/or the robitussen honey line of cough syrup.

I had it in 2020 over the stretch from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Then in 2021 when I got the second shot of the Moderna vax, I ended up with it directly afterwards and was hospitalized over night that go round. Don't let it go and try to just tough it out, you should call a doc. I am the queen of doing that because I hate paying for doctor visits, but it really knocked me on my ass and I had to wave the white flag. For me, the 5th, 6th and 7th days were the absolute worst, I was ready to eat a bullet both times.
Last edited by Amy Bahama 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Stormy, I'm sorry to hear this and I hope you get over it soon. Take care of yourself.

edit: I see you're feeling a little better. That's great news. I hope it's all a gentle recovery from here for you.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

For anyone else that tests positive and is over 50 or has any risk factors (and echoing Tammy's earlier advice) - talk to a doctor right away and you can get a prescription for Paxlovid which is shown to dramatically reduce the impact the virus can have on you. It's important to get on the medication as soon as possible after you test positive, if you wait until it's bad then it's already too late.
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago Ashley, I do get up and move around, although it takes So Much Effort....I just don't have the energy or will to want to move, but force myself to do so. I have to let the dogs out and feed them 3 times a day, as well as take care of the cats and the kitty litter box.

It's not a lot, but it's pushing the limits of my energy level at the moment.

Stormy
When I had it I also had to force myself to get up and move around too. It definitely sucked! I am glad that you feeling a little bit better! I agree with Mucinex, and cough drops. They helped me quiet a bit as well as a pulse ox.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Update.

I think I'm getting better....got a little bit of an appetite back today...or at least I am feeling hunger pangs....fine line between the two. I'm hunger, but don't know what sounds good to eat. I tried an egg on a piece of buttered toast this morning...half way through I couldn't eat the rest of it...much to the delight of the dogs. :P

I might make a small amount of home made mac and cheese...not that super salty dried cheese stuff in a box either. I have some milk, butter, macaroni and some cheddar and velveta cheese in the fridge. It might not be too overpowering in flavor and soft enough for my stomach which hasn't really had any real food for over a week, although I have drank a lot of water and some milk. I stepped on the scales today and see I've lost 15 pounds! If I can't eat the mac and cheese, I know the dogs will delight in having a few spoonfulls on their dog food for the next few days. :P

Also today... I felt like doing the chores I need to do didn't seem to take as much effort and there was less body pain involved. I have to let the dogs out, feed the cats, clean the litter box, fix the dogs their food, and let them back in to eat, and my own needs...getting into the shower in the morning. Doesn't sound like much but when one is running a high fever for days on end and every bone, joint, and muscle Hurts. I was so wasted there last week for a few days that I kind of remember doing stuff like that, but it was all kind of 'dreamy' too...nightmarey dreamy. :P

Today I ran out of towels...so I had to do laundry...tossing stuff in the washer, not too bad...putting it in the dryer...was an effort...and pulling it out of the dryer and folding them....that...felt like I did some sort of marathon. I can't believe how weak I am and how exhausted I get in doing just very simple things.

Anyway...I think at least the worst is behind me. I feel like I'm breathing a little easier, wanting to eat again, and the body pain has reduced a little. I'm just feeling wasted though...hope my energy level will come back up again once I start getting a little food in me.

Thanks everyone for the kind notes and concern.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

So glad you're getting better Stormy, seems like the worst is finally past you now! Hoping you continue to recover well :)