My Netflix was hacked.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

My Netflix was hacked.

Post by Stormy Peak »

So, I got an email tonight from Netflix....saying some unknown device signed into my account.

I'm the only one with the password, and I live alone...so I go to Netflix and pull up my account and find there is a way to see what devices have been using my Netflix account, and when they used it, plus their IP addresses.
I find out that for the past two days, 9 people - from the states of Idaho, Oregon, and Washington have been streaming movies off my Netflix channel.

I found a site that shows where an IP address is from and found this about a few of the addresses.
Two of them were here in Idaho, in a small town about 65 miles away, but one IP was in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
One of the Washington IP's is from Tukwila. However 2 other IPs (one from Washington again, but the other from Oregon) all of which have different IPs -- also show up as being in the town of Tukwila. ???

I'm angry...but at least happy one of them didn't change my password and lock me out.

I had a pretty good password...ran it through a password rating site one time and it came out as 'strong'
I put in a different password - one with 12 characters both capped and non-capped, as well as numbers and symbols.
My old one was a mix like that but was 7 characters long.

I also had the ability to "Sign Out All Devices" from my account, which I did, so now if they try to log in, hopefully, they won't get past the new password.

If any of you have Netflix, you might go into your account and see if any unknown devices from states where you don't know anyone have been signing in and using your account.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000