I'm so sad...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

I'm so sad...

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I got a phonecall early thursday morning. It was the owner of the stable where I had my horse. They had found my horse, Thure lying and unable to get up, bleeding from his hindlegs. By the sound of her voice, I realized that it was serious.

I packed some bandage-material and my euthanasia-kit just in case and rushed to the stable.

Unfortunately, I could immediately see that Thure had broken his leg (open fracture of the tibia), and I couldn't do anything else than put him down. I couldn't see him suffer, and I didn't want to wait for another vet to help me, so I put him down myself. It was so hard, even if I knew it was the only thing I could do. I cried, hugged him and said I was sorry during I inserted the iv. Luckily Niklas (Polk) had a day off from work and could support me afterwards.

It feels so empty right now. Thure was my first breeding- I owned his mother, Thornaby. I "planned" him, helped Thornaby when she foaled, and had him his whole life. I joked about him being my income for retirement, but he was a lousy racehorse (standardbred trotter). He had a tendency of always getting into trouble and get injured. As an yearling he ran through a fence and sustained a really serious injury involving sdft and fetlock- but I gave him a chance even though his odds of becoming a racehorse were not in his favour. After one year he was fully healed and continued his training. He ran a couple of races, but his career was full of injuries. At last I gave up and retired him, and he became a ridinghorse/feeling well horse...

We had 17 years together. I was there from the beginning until the very end. And now it just feels so empty. My sweet Thure. He'll always have a space in my heart...

True Fighter ("Thure")

Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: I'm so sad...

Post by Carole Hanson »

Flizan I’m so so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences, Thure was a beautiful horse.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Sorry for your loss
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I’m so very sorry for your loss. Paddock accidents are such a rough way to lose a friend. It is a gift that you were able to give him a quick passing. Euthanasia drugs are strictly controlled here so I have a weapons license and dread the day I ever have to use it. We have a duty to set aside our own pain to reduce theirs. He was blessed to have you from the moment he was born. Consider yourself hugged from the other side of the planet.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I am so sorry you have lost Thure. He was a beautiful horse, and a lovely color for a STB. I am sorry you had to euthanize him yourself, but glad you could do it so he did not have to suffer any longer. He had a very good life with you. Big hugs to you.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

I'm so so sorry for your loss. Sending all the virtual hugs your way <3
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 40k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 20k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 7.5k
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

So very sorry for the loss of such a beautiful companion, by his side since birth and over seventeen loving years. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to for you but how comforting it must have been for him to have you there caring for him at the very end. I'm sure he felt your love even to his last breath. So glad that Niklaus was there for you afterwards. Sending healing thoughts to you both. <3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I'm so very sorry for your loss. And as hard as it is to believe right now I think that having you send him across the rainbow bridge gave him great comfort. Bless both of you and that you find peace.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss, Flizan. He looked like such a wonderful friend and I'm happy you both had some amazing times together.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

So sorry for your loss :(
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I'm so sorry Flizan, that's just heartbreaking to go through. I'm sure he was a real treasure. My grandfather's name was Ture, I think it's a name for the sweetest souls.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Bittersweet circle of life there...you brought him into the world and then in the end, had to be the one to release him from his pain.

My condolences.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

I'm so sorry for your loss of a long time companion. He seems like a very special horse and you will have him in you heart forever. Sending hugs!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

My heart goes out to you, deepest condolences for your loss.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

So sorry this happened