Never Forget

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Never Forget

Post by Louise Bayou »

God bless the victims and their families. We will never forget.

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Never Forget

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

If you are from America and old enough u remember exactly what you were doing when this happened

Cool pic!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I was on a Daily Racing contest forum, with Romo, Spurlock (rest in peace, my friend) and a few other folks, like a Canadian guy named Kennedy, and also a good number of people who were from New York. They were the ones that gave the rest of us the heads up that something bad was happening.

Fortunately, the family and friends of those folks got out ok, although a few with some slight injuries....but it took us until the next day to get reports back from our forum friends....and for a few weeks it was talked about more so than our contest picks and wins.

Sadly, we lost track of each other for the most part, after that DRF contest was finished and the forum was closed - this happened not too long after the attacks. A number of us ended up at Thoroughbred Champions forum, where Spur, and Romo had a bigger audience to entertain.

I won't ever forget that morning, and the fear I had for those who had to leave chat immediately so they could go find out if those they cared for were ok or not...and the tense waiting for some day before people could report back in...and as mentioned, finding out their family and friends were ok...and the relief we felt for them, but also the deep sorrow for those who didn't make it, and the intense anger and hatred for those responsible.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I will never, ever ever forget that day.

I happened to be home from work that day as my little daughter had strep throat. My mother called me and told me to turn on the news (daughter was watching a video). I stood in the middle of my living room in absolute horror. I can just remember saying "the people, the people" as tears streamed down my face.

I still watch every special about 9/11 to keep it fresh in my memory. I will never forget.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I always watch the reading of the victims names by the families as a show of respect for those lost. Its just so emotional but in a way makes me feel like I'm doing my part to remember them.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

From England but don’t think anyone could ever forget this day in history,I’ve visited ground zero twice and hard to imagine the horror that unfolded in 2001.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I was nearly 11 and having trouble sleeping. It was fairly late in Australia. I went downstairs to grab a hot chocolate and found my mum and her partner watching the news footage of the first plane. I was like “what movie is this?” and then the second plane hit. I’d seen black and white video of Japanese kamikaze (dad is a war history buff) but this was in full colour and happening right at that moment. It hasn’t gotten any easier or less baffling to see that footage as I’ve gotten older. If anything, the choice the jumpers made has gotten more confronting because I think I would have done the same thing in that situation.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

In California it was a really weird day of contrasts. My alarm was set for 6am, so it went off right as the first plane hit. I remember going in to take a shower and thinking "what an unlucky crash, I hope no one on the ground was hurt, and not too many in the building." By the time I got out of the shower and dressed, a second plane had hit. I realized then that it was on purpose, and the fact that people hated that much, would be willing to kill that many strangers, just caused me to sink to the floor for a minute. I went on to work in a state of shock. The pentagon was hit before I made it to the office and United 93 was missing. Rumors were flying about more planes and all kinds of danger, because the flights were originally all headed to CA. There was a plane coming in that supposedly was diverted to Canada. Then, all of a sudden an international flight that was landing had been hijacked and was headed for SFO....but all that turned out to just be false. There were so many reports, and so much confusion and fear.

I was auditing a county government at the time, and the whole office was surrounded by police. No one could really work. We would pick up our papers and just set them right back down. Suddenly, my phone rang and the CEO of the firm I was contracting for started telling me to hurry and get out of the building because she didn't want any of her workers in any government buildings at all. She was really frantic, insisting that I leave even though I was just auditing in a little local government office.

I finally just left. It was eeire. The sky was silent, no planes. It was a gorgeous day in CA, and it felt so strange to be unharmed and safe when across the country our brothers and sisters were reeling from an attack and in so much pain. I will definitely never forget.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law live less than half a mile from the farm where Flight 93 went down. When the plane impacted, it shifted their house off its foundation. They had to rebuild because of the damage.

My husband was a volunteer firefighter in that region and was also one of the first to respond.

I lived in Johnstown, PA at the time and was stuck downtown at my job and couldn't get out of town because the national guard had blocked off all routes that were near the local airport there. It took me over 5 hours to get home. I remember that it was an extraordinarily beautiful blue-sky day, but the panic of being evacuated from our office building and then not being able to go home was surreal.

We drive past the Flight 93 memorial all the time when we go to visit our family back home, I commuted over that route for 2 years until we moved to a different county to be closer to our jobs. Every time we do go by it, it just looks so...bleak I guess. Now a windmill farm kind of butts up against it. They installed this gigantic windchime type of memorial there that is quite eerie. I've only been to the memorial proper one time. We just feel it is not meant to be a destination. It's more of a place of remembrance for the family of those that were lost.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.