Hurricane Ian

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Hurricane Ian

Post by Abby Brooks »

Been watching this Hurricane from my "safe" portion of the midwest. Stay safe and I hope none of my fellow simsters are in its direct path right now..it'll be nasty!
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Hurricane Ian

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I can’t wait for the rain, but I hope everyone else stays safe.
;p
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I had a trip scheduled to head to FL tomorrow for a funeral. Unfortunately I made the decision to cancel, which is out of my control since the airport shut down, but I hate that I can't be there :-(
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

My daughter in law's mother recently passed away from brain cancer. She left her daughter a house in Cape Coral that has been in the family for many many years. She is awaiting news for this house as soon as it is safe to do so. Looks like the eye came onshore just a tad to the north of the house location. Hoping it doesn't take a lot of damage.

And to all Floridians, may you and yours come through this hurricane safely. One of the weather channels is saying this is the biggest storm in history to hit that area of the Florida coast.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

My daughter is in Wellington for her first Florida hurricane, but thankfully they've not had even too much rain (yet). My son is an EMT here in Washington and he volunteered to be deployed to Orlando - I have heard from him a few times and it hasn't been too bad. He's mainly been lights and sirens racing back and forth from Orlando to the gulf coast evacuating care home and high-care hospital patients. No sleep for him, but I'm proud of what he's doing.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

That is a bad one. I hope everyone is as safe as possible!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

My family are in Venice and Naples. I guess I won't know how they are until tomorrow.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago My family are in Venice and Naples. I guess I won't know how they are until tomorrow.
People ok. Folks in Venice lost one room of their house but feel lucky just the same. It took them 2 hours to drive to their evacuation spot before the storm, and 6 hours to get home because so many roads and bridges were gone. Crazy, crazy storm.